Photo
- - - - -

Heroes For Truth: The Orthodox Christian Church Through the Ages Vol 1 (S. Koulomzin)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anna Stickles

Anna Stickles

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

Title: Heroes For Truth: The Orthodox Christian Church Through the Ages Vol 1
Author(s): Sophie Koulomzin
Publisher: Religious Education Dept. Russian Orthodox Church of America, NY, 1968
ISBN:
Pages: 121
Genre: Education, Church History
Price: $8.00
Links: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Publications

#2 Anna Stickles

Anna Stickles

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

This is a really nice little history book for homeschoolers, Orthodox Chrisitian Schools or Sunday Schools, or just for parents wanting to teach their kids more about Church history.

It's geared for Jr High and High School, although it would make a nice easy read for adults wanting a basic intro to Church history. This volume covers Church history from the 1st Apostles to the work of Sts Cyril and Methodius among the Slavs. There is a second volume "New Frontiers" that picks up where the first leaves off up to the present but I haven't read it yet.

From a review I found

About the Book:

This is a book that can be used by Sunday school teachers, Youth ministry workers and advisors, teenagers and their parents. It contains an easy to read summarized history of Christianity till ninth century. It speaks about St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Stephen, St. Athanasius, St. Antony the Great, St. Basil the Great, St. Gregory the Theologian, St John Chrysostom, Sts. Cyril & Methodius. It gives a glimpse on the Ecumenical Councils, Monasticism and the Filioque. It is very rich with information that can satisfy anyone who desires to have a chronicle and more information about the Orthodox Christian Faith.

The only place I have found to buy this book is from the Antiochian Archdioscese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users