#1 David Lindblom

David Lindblom

Regular Poster

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

I'm involved w/ a group from my church who are starting an Orthodox Christian Fellowship (OCF) group at our local university. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience w/ one of these groups. Anything you have to say good or bad or any advice would be most welcome.

#2 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

David,
I recall a year or so ago someone talking about this topic. I am horrible at using the search feature here, but perhaps you will have better luck. I also recall on Ancient Faith Radio about a college ministry.

Paul

#3 Owen

Owen

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:59 AM

If you're not already familiar with http://www.ocf.net/ try this link.

#4 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

We have a very active OCF group at the university near our parish, and my experiences with them have been nothing but good. If you'd like to contact them for advice, the link goes to their page at OCF.net, which has email links for the chapter president and for the deacon who serves as their chaplain, as well as a link to their main web page.

#5 Brian Patrick Mitchell

Brian Patrick Mitchell

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

OCF organizes some very worthwhile retreats for college students, which my son and eldest daughter have attended. My son will be traveling with OCF to Jerusalem this spring, if the trip holds up. I know other students who have traveled with OCF to Alaska and Constantinople.

At the college level, what's done as "OCF" is up to the students and their local clergy advisor. My daughter founded a chapter at Grove City College in PA. My son is less involved at his school, but at least he's met some other Orthodox Christians on campus, and that's half of what it's for.

In Christ, Dn. Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users