• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Zosimas Sidway

Zosimas Sidway

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

Like many on this forum, I learned of Fr. Daniil's martyric death immediately after it occurred. I have devoted a section to him in a small work I am publishing on Islam from an Orthodox and Patristic perspective, Facing Islam. Another Orthodox missionary to be heeded is Archimandrite Daniel Byantoro, head of the Indonesian Orthodox Mission. Being in a predominantly muslim country, Fr. Daniel is quite aware of the possibility of martyrdom. You can read an excellent interview with him in Road To Emmaus Journal: http://www.roadtoemm...n_Indonesia.pdf

#62 Ilaria

Ilaria

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

'Priest Tudor Marin (69) was mortally stabbed Saturday morning, after the Divine Liturgy, inside the ‘St. John the Baptist' Church of the Unirii Square of Focsani, in Romanian Moldavia. The only witness was a woman that was selling candles.'

in summary: he was fatally stabbed soon after the end of the church service and the person who was arrested for the crime (and has confessed) was psychiatrically (or spiritually, or both) disturbed and stated that the priest did not answer his questions adequately so he killed him. he had previously also threatened his mother with a knife.
father Tudor Marin was popular in his community, having helped many people with their personal problems and refurbished the church.

a photo of the priest here:
http://o-viata-frumo...injunghiat.html

may God repose his soul and have mercy on his family and his church and the disturbed man who killed him.

#63 Kusanagi

Kusanagi

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I like Fr. Dionisy's on Fr Daniil here:
http://www.pravmir.c...as-a-confessor/

Also about Fr Tudor Marin, i read from English translated sources that the man had been looking for a priest to kill as "God" told him to but he visited 2-3 others but there was too many people about so could not carry out his act until he met Fr Tudor.

#64 Effie Ganatsios

Effie Ganatsios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Here in Greece Muslims are stealing anything they can get their hands on in our churches. No respect for anything Christian. We first had the Albanians who left no small chapel in our forests untouched - chapels that were left unattended because no Christian Greek would steal from them. It is now the turn of churches in cities and towns and those that are doing the stealing are gangs from various countries who have entered our country illegally for the most part. It's a wonder no priest has been killed yet. Plenty of old people have been butchered in their homes for whatever gold they have acquired, usually presents from their weddings, and their small, paltry pensions.

"
According to Islamic laws, non-Muslims in Islamic Lands should be subdued and be treated as dhimmis (second class citizens). They should be coerced and intimidated to convert to Islam, through special humiliating taxes like Jizyah imposed on them. This has been happening in the Islamic World since the last 1400 years. While Muslims demand concessions in non-Muslim countries, non-Muslims are systematically persecuted, terrorized and ethnically cleansed from Islamic lands. With the recent rise of the Muslim population in the traditionally Christian/Secular West, also comes the noticeable rise of Islamic violence and terrorist activities aimed towards the non-Muslims."

http://wikiislam.net..._of_Non-Muslims

Is it wrong politically to talk about what is happening here - a Christian country that they forced themselves on? Try living here.

#65 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

I know, dear Effie...it is a sad problem.
I visited an ancient monastery with only three elderly nuns on my husband's ancestral island, and the nuns said that they had been broken into twice..One time the boy pretended he wanted to come in to pray, so they opened the large gated doors and let him in, but he didn't pray in the church, he stole something instead.
The local police made them install barbed wire above the large walls--saying that if they did not, they would not go to them again. I have been visiting this historic monastery for thirty years now, and it was always such a beautiful haven..I could not believe my ears when the sweet nun told me...I am so scared for them.
May our Lord have mercy!

#66 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

Dear Ilaria,

I read about this. I am so, so sorry to read this bad news which occured in your country. May our Lord have mercy on the priest's soul and grant him eternal rest, and may our blessed Virgin Mary spread her holy veil upon all devout Orthodox Christians, clergy and laity, in Orthodox countries to protect them from this onslaught of the evil one which works through the hearts and minds of mentally unstable, morally weak, and spiritually empty people more and more these days... Kyrie Eleison!

Alice

#67 Dr. Elizabeth

Dr. Elizabeth

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Holy Priest-Martyrs Daniil and Tudor, pray for us sinners!
Love in Christ
Elizabeth Riggs, the sinner
and Perennial Student

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users