Christophoros

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

http://voxstefani.wo...s-how-its-done/

The above article provides links to the original Russian edition of a pre-revolutionary study Bible reprinted by the Institute for Bible Translation in 1988. Perhaps Holy Trinity or St. Tikhon's Monastery should start a fund to support translating this work.

In Christ,
Chris

#2 Nathaniel Woon

Nathaniel Woon

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hi Chris,

I have seen the link but as I do not read Russian, I don't know how good this study Bible is. As with many things that are needed in the English speaking Orthodox world, the labourers are few. We will have to ask the Lord of the harvest for help.

#3 Seda S.

Seda S.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

That edition of the Bible is really very good in the sense that it provides with much information and has all the books of the Septuagint, that is, also the so-called deuterocanonical books. But the translation of the other books of the Old Testament isn't done from the Septuagint, even the Psalms are translated from the Hebrew version. And the differences of the Hebrew text and the Septuagint are not mentioned as a rule (only in very few cases). Also, there is not much from the exegesis of the Church Fathers in the explanatory notes, as one would expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users