320 replies to this topic

#321 George Kay

George Kay

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Greetings and good wishes for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year

My name is George Kay. I was born and baptized Greek Orthodox and I have never been indifferent to Christianity. Over the years I have touched upon Hinduism, Buddhism, druidism, and if there was an -ism- somewhere I would want to know about it. I also met -sophy- as in Philosophy and Theosophy and one could guess the results of that adventure without many words from me.

Then by the Mercy of our Lord I rediscovered Orthodoxy some 20 years ago, and studied the writings of the Fathers for at least the first 10 years. When I met my wife, I was introduced to Martin Luther’s work. She was born and raised Lutheran and, on our first date, when I announced I was Orthodox, she asked: “is that Christian?” I joined her church for 2 or 3 years and she read many of the Orthodox books I had collected. I will leap over the details of our evolution during that period and end this chapter by saying that she and I both decided it was time to join the Orthodox Church.

My journey for a long time was that of a lone wolf, until I finally understood why the word “Church” comes right after the word “Orthodox” as in “Orthodox Church”. So as you can see, I learn mostly by doing – an expensive and painful process (LOL)– and I found that writing often helps me more than my reader. This is where I close by praying that our Lord may prevent any harm that may come from my words, as I continue learning my way back to Him.

George

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users