#1 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Dear all,

Please feel free to use this Test Area forum to experiment with the features / functionality of the new system powering the Discussion Community.

You are welcome to reply to this message, start new threads in this area, etc., as often as you wish in experimentation, as you learn the features of the new system. You needn't worry about cluttering other members' e-mail in-boxes: one of the features of the new system is that members will only receive e-mail notification of new posts for those areas they so wish.

INXC, Matthew

#2 Boulos

Boulos

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

Congratulation for all and many thanks for whom they putted efforts.

#3 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

Congratulation for all and many thanks for whom they putted efforts.

You're very welcome, Boulos. It's been an 'international effort' of sorts, getting the new system configured - very much an image of the Community itself.

There are still 'kinks' to work out (the biggest being that quoted passages in posts imported from the old system are currently improperly formatted), but these will get dealt with.

INXC, Matthew

#4 Guest_Rev. G

Guest_Rev. G
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Dear all,

Please feel free to use this Test Area forum to experiment with the features / functionality of the new system powering the Discussion Community.

You are welcome to reply to this message, start new threads in this area, etc., as often as you wish in experimentation, as you learn the features of the new system. You needn't worry about cluttering other members' e-mail in-boxes: one of the features of the new system is that members will only receive e-mail notification of new posts for those areas they so wish.

INXC, Matthew

Congratulations!

#5 Trudy

Trudy

Retired member, no longer active on forum

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:09 AM

This is so totally AWESOME Dr. Steenberg!!!! WOW!!!! It looks so nice....now all I have to do is try and figure out what all the buttons do.

Very, very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see I shall have FUN with color! Woot!!!!
~Athanasia~

#6 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

I would also like to thank you, Mathew and all who give us this site, Monachos is so informative and always tops the list of my favourite sites.. :)

#7 Botolph

Botolph

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:01 AM

I am most impressed by the breadth and depth of this site; I suspect it will lead to my spending considerably more time in front of my computer.

#8 Nikos

Nikos

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

The forum discussions at Monachos.net are most interesting and relevant! Keep up the good work.
Nikos7;)

#9 Jeff Johnson

Jeff Johnson

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

This is so totally AWESOME Dr. Steenberg!!!! WOW!!!! It looks so nice....now all I have to do is try and figure out what all the buttons do.

Very, very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see I shall have FUN with color! Woot!!!!
~Athanasia~

Kinda confused. Not so sure about multi-quote..... :(

#10 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

Testing spacing of possible new thread title--does anyone know if it is possible to use italics on the sub-title?

#11 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Well that didn't work . . . hmmm . . . does anyone know how many spaces are allowed for a "thread title?" I have some alternative titles in mind that are rather lengthy.

#12 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Well that didn't work . . . hmmm . . . does anyone know how many spaces are allowed for a "thread title?" I have some alternative titles in mind that are rather lengthy.

Thread titles are meant to be as short and concise as possible. The technical maximum is 85 characters, after which the system will allow no more to be entered; but do keep in mind that long titles will often be shortened by the moderators if a more convenient brief title is reasonable.

INXC, Matthew

#13 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Thread titles are meant to be as short and concise as possible. The technical maximum is 85 characters, after which the system will allow no more to be entered; but do keep in mind that long titles will often be shortened by the moderators if a more convenient brief title is reasonable.

INXC, Matthew

Thank you for this information it is helpful.

Rick

PS Am I the only one who hears angelic choir music in the background when he gets a response from M.C. Steenberg? :)

#14 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

PS Am I the only one who hears angelic choir music in the background when he gets a response from M.C. Steenberg? :)

I, and sane and sensible people everywhere (a chorus in which I don't have a part myself), sincerely hope so. ;)

INXC, Matthew

#15 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

I, and sane and sensible people everywhere (a chorus in which I don't have a part myself), sincerely hope so. ;)

INXC, Matthew

:) Oh, man! . . .Very Good! Just what the doctor ordered (a prescription vacation) for a grey wintery Ohio day. And, now I find myself in your debt.:)

#16 John Charmley

John Charmley

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

Thank you for this information it is helpful.

Rick

Dear Rick,

Possibly - I just get this sussuration of wrong buttons being pressed in the hunt for the off-button:rolleyes:

(Except on the American Orthodoxy thread, where I could swear there is another sort of noise, like a suppressed something or other!)

INXC

John;)

#17 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Dear Rick,

Possibly - I just get this sussuration of wrong buttons being pressed in the hunt for the off-button:rolleyes:

(Except on the American Orthodoxy thread, where I could swear there is another sort of noise, like a suppressed something or other!)

INXC

John;)

John-- Suppressed? Hmmm . . . "A suppressed something or other!" you say? I think we do have to allow a lot of room for that and think that your hearing capabilities are in very good working order to say the least. ;)

In Christ,
Rick

#18 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to insert a smiley like this :) in my postings that I make elsewhere. Here in this "test area" I see the wall of smilies on the right hand side of the screen; but, I am wondering how I can use these in the regular posting areas?

Thank you,
Rick

#19 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to insert a smiley like this :) in my postings that I make elsewhere. Here in this "test area" I see the wall of smilies on the right hand side of the screen; but, I am wondering how I can use these in the regular posting areas?

Thank you,
Rick

Rick,

I think that smilies do not work on the regular posting areas because of their casual character and nuance.

I think those are meant only for the casual and personal discussions areas.

You can always use this : and this ) and create a smiley.

#20 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the information Nina!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users