• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

Yes, I also cannot upload an avatar image. Just letting you know.

#22 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:04 AM

I took a photo on my blackberry and e-mailed it to myself. I then downloaded it to my home computer. I tried to then upload it to Monachos in my new "All things TEXAS" album, but it does not recognize the file type .mhtml. I was not given the choice of how to save it or even resave it in another format.

Any suggestions how I can upload a blackberry taken picture to this site?

Paul

#23 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

I don't believe that .mhtml is a recognized picture format. You need to convert it into a picture format that the system recognizes, such as .jpg or .gif. Not sure what other formats are recognized but those two are pretty universal and .jpg is the best for photos for uploading purposes.

It depends on what kind of operating system you are using and what picture handling software you have access to.

#24 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

Paul, an mhtml file is an encapsulated webpage. If you can't figure out how to save your blackberry photos into a more standard format as Herman described above, then the following will work:

1) Open the .mhtml file with Internet Explorer (other browsers might not work for this.)

2) Right-click on the photo when you see it in the browser, and choose "Save picture as....", then you can save it in a more standard format.

3) Open Google Earth, and zoom in real close to Wisconsin. This step serves no purpose, but you might see some cows! :)

#25 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Christina, you need to remember that Paul can only do the Texas two step, you included 3 in your tutorial. I guess we will never see Paul's pictures.

#26 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Christina, you need to remember that Paul can only do the Texas two step, you included 3 in your tutorial. I guess we will never see Paul's pictures.

Kyrill, I'm still trying to get over my initial shock at learning that they have telephones in Texas. I always thought they only use Morse Code.

Here's an example:
Short-long-short: I'm grooming my horse.
Long-short-long: I'm making barbeque.
Short-long-long-short: I'm still grooming my horse.

#27 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

I always thought they only use Morse Code.

Here's an example:
Short-long-short: I'm grooming my horse.
Long-short-long: I'm making barbeque.
Short-long-long-short: I'm still grooming my horse.

As far as I know we have always adhered to the strict formulation of the code as promulgated by Samuel F.B. Morse. So what you wrote "R", "K", "P" has nothing to do with horses or barbeque but apparently means that you have broken the unwritten code of Texas acronyms and signaled "Really Kristina, please"

#28 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

- .... . / . -.-- . ... / --- ..-. / - . -..- .- ... / .- .-. . / ..- .--. --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-

.--. .- ..- .-..

#29 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

- .... . / . -.-- . ... / --- ..-. / - . -..- .- ... / .- .-. . / ..- .--. --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-

.--. .- ..- .-..

Cute, but any chance of a translation for us ignorants, Paul? :-)

#30 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

That's how us nonGreeks feel when you guys do that script stuff without translating it. ;)

It says "The eyes of Texas are upon you"
"paul"

#31 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

Ah, but I'm considerate. I always transliterate any Greek and Slavonic I post. :cool:

#32 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:04 AM

.--. .- ..- .-..

#33 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

ok, that's good Christina. You were able to upload your pictures. I still can't. I emailed them to myself again and saved them as a jpeg. But when I try to open them they open as mhtml. When I try to open them in IE8, it shows up as a little box with an 'x' in it. NO picture. It says jpeg in my email, but I can't save it that way. Very frustrating. How did you get it to go directly here rather than in an album in your profile?

PC

#34 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

Paul man, I send you a picture which explains how to upload pictures (the last man is saying "upload"), and you're asking me how to upload pictures?

Who is this guy? :)

#35 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Here's my tutorial for inserting pictures inline. I'm not sure about photo albums, Paul, because I don't use those. And for your .mhtl problem, I don't know what to say. Maybe adding a ".jpg" to the end of the file name, and see if you can open it then.

1) First click on the "Go Advanced" button when replying to a thread: Attached File  go_advanced.png   1.05K   23 downloads

2) Next click on the "Attach" button near the top of the toolbar: Attached File  attach.png   928bytes   23 downloads

3) Next click on "Add Files" at the top-right of the popup window: Attached File  add_files.png   4.31K   23 downloads

4) Next click on "Select Files": Attached File  select_files.png   3.48K   23 downloads

5) Select the files you want to upload, click on the "upload files" button: Attached File  upload_files.png   1.06K   23 downloads, and wait for them to upload.

6) When you see the uploaded pictures in the original popup window which is called "File Upload Manager", click on "Insert Inline" at the bottom of the window: Attached File  insert_inline.png   1.12K   24 downloads

7) Back in your monachos edit box where you are typing your reply, you will see some inserted text which starts with "ATTACH" and ends with "/ATTACH", and this is where your uploaded pictures will be inserted inline in your reply.

8) Now go back to the the "Uploading pictures" thread and click on "Reply to thread": Attached File  reply.png   5.34K   25 downloads

9) In the edit box, type "Christina is awesome!" :D

#36 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Paul, now that you know how to upload pictures inline, please show us a picture of Bessie. :)

#37 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Paul, now that you know how to upload pictures inline, please show us a picture of Bessie. :)

Since I guess I'm up earlier than Paul here is a picture of Bessie Truman, the first lady. That is who you had in mind, right?;)

#38 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Since I guess I'm up earlier than Paul here is a picture of Bessie Truman, the first lady. That is who you had in mind, right?;)

No, no, Kyrill. Not THAT Bessie! I was referring to Bessie, Paul's favorite cow.

"Really Kristina, please"

Kyrill man, I'm starting to get worried. Ever since you moved down south, your spelling has taken a plunge for the worse! :)

Paul - You still haven't figured out how to upload pictures yet? Dang. You didn't like my tutorial? What's the problem?

#39 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Your process is fine for recognizable formats. I can't convert my mhtml to a jpeg or anything else for that matter.

#40 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

Christina, I sent you a picture of Paul's favorite Bessie. As much as he talks about Bessie Truman and has never mentioned any other Bessie I thought I was complying with your request for a picture of "Bessie" as Paul has related to me. Go figure.

As for my spelling with a name like Kyrill I do fine in Slavic communities but with I go to Greek or Mediterranean venues (such as Paul's church) everyone wants to call me Cyril. So not knowing your ethnic affiliation I assumed that the code that you sent was 1) Morse and 2) you had just used the Slavonic form of your name.

This being a true Orthodox community I make a prostration before you and ask for your forgiveness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users