6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Hayward

Jonathan Hayward

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

In another thread, someone asked me a question, and I tried three or so times to respond (hitting the quote button to start the response), and then hitting ?Post Quick Reply?, and was taken to another page and my existing post disappeared.

Is that what is supposed to happen if you hit "Go Advanced" and I hit a different button from what I intended? Or is this not something that should happen?

Thanks,
Jonathan

#2 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Sorry, although I am one of the moderators my understanding of the technical aspects of the Forum are limited.
One suggestion though- are you logged in? (see top right of your page). If you are not logged in the page 'times out' after a period of time I think. From what I recall when this happens your replies can entirely disappear.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#3 Jonathan Hayward

Jonathan Hayward

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

I was logged in. I wonder if I hit a different button than was intended and clobbered what I was trying to post.

Christos Jonathan

#4 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

I was logged in. I wonder if I hit a different button than was intended and clobbered what I was trying to post.

Christos Jonathan

Perhaps. I've certainly done this enough times myself!

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#5 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

WHen you log in, you have to click the "remember me" box.

Sorry, although I am one of the moderators my understanding of the technical aspects of the Forum are limited.
One suggestion though- are you logged in? (see top right of your page). If you are not logged in the page 'times out' after a period of time I think. From what I recall when this happens your replies can entirely disappear.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#6 Jonathan Hayward

Jonathan Hayward

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

I found out what I did wrong.

I clicked the "Reply to Thread" button, wrote my reply, and then pushed the bigger, bold red "Reply to Thread" button instead of the intended "Post Quick Reply".

Would it be possible to hide or disable the "Reply to Thread" button once it's been clicked?

Edit: What I wrote above isn't quite right; I didn't, I think, initially click "Reply to Thread" but just started typing in the box. So my solution is wrong, but maybe the button could be deactivated once someone starts typing in the box, or something like that.

Christos Jonathan

#7 Alice

Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Sometimes I get logged off after writing something and it disappears. It is so random, (I know this may sound silly) that I have decided that God didn't want what I said in that particular post to be posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users