• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebekah D.

Rebekah D.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi all, I'm new to the board and have been lurking around for a couple of weeks and signed up last night. This morning I got the second email saying my account was approved and fully activated. I came on to post in the introduction forum and it said my post must be approved by a moderator before it would be viewable by the public. I then decided to try to tinker with my profile but found when I tried to access the sections in it my account wouldn't let me into them saying either my account had not been activated or that I didn't have the proper ranking to edit this feature. Down at the bottom of my page it says I can create new posts, edit my posts and reply to posts so I think something may not be quite right. Apologies if this is not the right place for this!

#2 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Well, the answer to the first part is that all new members undergo a period where their posts are moderated. This is explained in Part III of the Monachos Community Handbook:

(h) Moderation of newly-registered members: When you first register for an account with the Discussion Community, you will go through a brief period of moderated status: your first three posts will be moderated (or, if you make more than three posts when you first register, you will be on moderated status until you've been a registered member for five days). The primary reason for this initial period of moderation is a safeguard against spammers, who sometimes register for an account only to post one or two 'spam' messages before deleting their e-mail address, etc. Once you've made three successful posts to the forum, and have been a member for at least five days, your account will automatically switch to unmoderated status, and your future submissions will be posted directly to the system without going through the moderation queue.

(There are some exceptions to this, which are noted in sections g, h1, and i)

As for the other part - which page were you trying to make changes on, and what were you unable to change?

#3 Rebekah D.

Rebekah D.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi Michael, thanks a lot for the info. I had missed that portion of the handbook but I understand now. I had thought something might have gone wrong somewhere with my settings and thought it best to ask.

I had been trying to take the "Miss" out of my title box, but when I returned again to the page a few hours later it went ahead and let me change it so that's all well now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users