Photo
- - - - -

The 'Holy Eastern Orthodox Christian Apostolic Church'?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

Does anybody know anything about this Church? I came across it on the internet and have not been able to find out much about it. I have searched Monachos data base and was overwhelmed with data, probably because of the key words.

#2 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

Only that they are one of a number of groups who consider themselves the only true Orthodox Church in North America. According to their website, they consider all other Orthodox jurisdictions operating in North America to be schismatic and uncanonical.

Al Green's website has a page listing a bunch of churches which call themselves "Orthodox" but are "not in communion with the worldwide autonomous and autocephalous canonical Orthodox churches." This one isn't on there (at least not under that name - some of these groups "re-brand" themselves on a regular basis), but it's a good place to start when you hear about an "Orthodox" group you'd never heard of before.

#3 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

They are also known by the acronym THEOCACNA. They are a vagante group, not recognised by any canonical Orthodox jurisdiction.

#4 Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

Thank you both for the information - I have looked at the link and I had no idea that there were or could ever be so many splinter cells!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users