• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Margaret H.

Margaret H.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

I just created my first photo album, and uploaded a few photos of my daughter Ruthie. I entered her dates of birth and death in the Description box. But when i view the album, i see that these dates don't seem to appear unless I click the "edit album" button. Does this mean that when visitors come to view the album, they will see only the title and not the birth/death dates? Should i include the dates in the title? It's important to me that people see this information.
Thanks for help.

#2 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

I can see where you describe the scene but don't see dates. You should be able to add the dates along with the description of what she is doing. You may need to retitle each picture to do this.

#3 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

I think you're right, Margaret. It looks like the album description is only visible by the album owner (whether it's supposed to work that way, I don't know). I did a search on the web page source code while viewing your album, and the dates aren't hiding in there anywhere. It looks like you'll have to put them in the album title for them to be visible to everyone.

#4 Margaret H.

Margaret H.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

Thanks Paul and Michael for your feedback - very helpful, as i don't know whether what I see is what visitors see.
I've now added her birth/death dates to the album title. (Paul - i didn't include dates for the individual photos.)
Thanks again to both of you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users