Photo
- - - - -

I just found quite a bit of feedback I didn't know I had . . .

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

I just had a notice that I had some feedback on a post and when I clicked on it I noticed that I have quite a bit of feedback dating back to last spring that I never knew was there.

I know how this works . . . we get a notice and we click on it and then we read the feedback; but, this is the first notice that I have received in quite sometime. So possibly there is a problem with this feature.

Thanks for the positive feedback to those who have sent it during the past several months, I'm just now reading through it.

Anyway, I thought I would mention this in case others may be experiencing this too.

#2 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

The system itself doesn't give notification of new feedback messages; it simply places them in your user control panel. However, on the 14th of August we installed a new add-on feature that gives you a notification of new feedback in your personal toolbar. Notice of this is in the thread just before this one, linked here. Feedback left since then triggers a notification, drawing your attention to it.

Lack of notice prior to the installation of the add-on wasn't a bug; it simply wasn't a feature of the software.

#3 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Father Irenei--Are you still the administrator here on Monachos?

I've been a member of Monachos since 2006 and I thought for sure we used to get notices about when we had feedback. I don't remember ever having to sporadically check my feedback area, unprompted, in order to read feedback on a somewhat timely basis.

#4 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

I would have to check my old emails (I don't think I've ever cleaned out my "Monachos" folder), but I'm fairly sure I also once got email notifications of feedback messages. I didn't really notice when it stopped, probably because the Monachos page I have bookmarked is my control panel, so my feedback messages are the second thing I see (after the list of my subscribed threads with new posts).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users