Photo
- - - - -

Options in the "religious affiliation" thread - "email the moderator" link is broken

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin Amis

Benjamin Amis

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

When I first came to the thread a Presbyterian, I was sad that "Presbyterian" wasn't an option in the "religious affliation" field in my profile. I simply picked "Protestant" and went to email the moderator...the link was broken! Well, I didn't have time to do anything about it, and forgot about it until I was poking around the field just a moment ago.

When I click on the "email the moderator" link under this field, I receive a "Page Not Found" error, and so I can't suggest my changes. I will post them here, but I suppose the most important part of this post is...can we get that link fixed?

My suggestion is that, we are missing a few Protestant traditions in this field, and could use some non-Protestant affiliations there as well! As I said, "Presbyterian" is absent, as is "Methodist." Perhaps, more generally, we could at least add "Wesleyan", which would encompass Methodist and Nazarene, as well Pentecostal and Holiness (to a lesser degree). The Restorationists (Disciples of Christ, Churches of Christ, UCC, etc.) are also missing.

We may also want to give our Oriental Orthodox friends more options than the one they currently have. Eastern Orthodox have a plethora to choose from, such as Russian, Greek, Serbia, Romanian, OCA, Russian (MP) or (ROCOR), Greek (USA), etc. Why not add Coptic, Armenian, Syriac and such as well?

We may also want to add some non-Christian options. I know we at least have a Muslim or two on the boards, so perhaps we should add that to our options? We might even want to add but Shia and Sunni as options.

And, if we add Islamic options, perhaps we should also include Judaism? At least Orthodox, Reform and Conservative Judaism, if not Karaite as well.

I don't know if there's a limit on these options, that we can only have so many, but why not try to be as detailed for our members as we can be? I know it's a minor thing, but perhaps we could add just a few of these?

#2 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:47 AM

Never noticed that before, but you're right - that link's broken. Guess you'd have to use the contact link from the Community Handbook.

#3 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

Thank you for pointing out the broken link. It has been fixed.

#4 Macrina Walker

Macrina Walker

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

I saw this by chance now, but it reminds me that I had a similar problem when I registered. The only option I could tick was "Orthodox" as none of the more specific options were applicable. Perhaps we could have an option for the Patriarchate of Alexandria? Of course, there's nothing wrong with "Orthodox" but if others identify themselves by jurisdiction, perhaps we should too.

#5 Stephen Hayes

Stephen Hayes

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

I saw this by chance now, but it reminds me that I had a similar problem when I registered. The only option I could tick was "Orthodox" as none of the more specific options were applicable. Perhaps we could have an option for the Patriarchate of Alexandria? Of course, there's nothing wrong with "Orthodox" but if others identify themselves by jurisdiction, perhaps we should too.

I joined just about a week ago, and saw that this option is still not available. Still, I suppose it would be possible to work it out from one's geographical location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users