6 replies to this topic

#1 Kelil

Kelil

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

Hello I've been looking to buy a book on the life of St.Seraphim of Sarov, could you perhaps reccomend me a book?

God bless
Kelil

#2 David Lanier

David Lanier

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

There is the Little Russian Philokalia (vo. 1) on St. Seraphim, there are also a couple of other books here that would be good reads.

#3 Theodora E.

Theodora E.

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

This is the one you want. It was written by Fr. Lazarus Moore and is just wonderful. My copy is currently making the rounds of my parish and I think I need to get another copy!

http://www.amazon.co...86655552&sr=1-3

#4 Jason H.

Jason H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

I highly recommend the Little Russian Philokalia of St. Seraphim. It is truly a treasure

#5 Kelil

Kelil

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thank you for your replies, I'll have to get both of them. In my Catholic book of Saints, the author has included St.Seraphim of Sarov, and ever since I've heard of him, I feel like I'm being followed around by this great Saint. *giggle* so I'll have to return the favor and follow him around to see what he is all about.

Thank you and God bless

Kelil <3

#6 Kelil

Kelil

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

I have got the book. the little russian philokalia. I shall do my best never to part with it. Devotion to this great Saint brings me much comfort. His instruction as certainly been helping me in my quest for the transcendant lover of mankind. Thank you for all your prayers and advice.

God bless
Kelil <3

#7 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:00 AM

I have this little jewel as well. I take it with me eny time I drive my wife to a doctors appointment. Which is a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users