Phoebe K.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

hi,

From my understanding sin is sin and all sin leads to death, as St Paul explains.

Their are various books to advise confessors but most of the time a spiritual Fr will use theses as a guide and prescribe the treatment for a given person in a circumstance.  In my experience Spiritual Fathers are reluctant to give obedience, rather they advise on things which would be helpful to the person, such as readings from the writings of the saints.

Their is also a specific (aincant and not always observed) trodition for women around our cycal which comes into play at miscarriages that we do not receive when bleeding.  This also relates to birth and the monthly bleed, and it is as much a allowance to rest at a difficult time of our nature.  I view it less as a restriction and more of a release from some of the burden of prayer when we as women can be suffering in our bodies significantly anyway.

Phoebe

#22 Jean-Serge

Jean-Serge

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well not communing during the cycle for ladies, as far as I understand, is because it is an expression of fallen nature. Add to this the forbidden thing linked to blood that makes that a priest bleeding cannot celebrate. For man, after a nightly pollution, even unwanted, one cannot commune for one day, because it is an expression of fallen nature too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users