6 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

Dear members and readers;

We have today upgraded our software to a newer version of the core system that powers the Discussion Community. Each time we do this, there are invariably a few minor display 'quirks' that arise as newer editions use different display coding than older - and it will take us a few days to fine-tune all of these. Most are quite minor and are issues of tight alignments in displays, etc.; however, one more noticable issue with this upgrade patch is that the colour scheme of the member profile display views is somewhat upset: you can still view them, but the colouring is off.

Please don't worry about these minor issues -- we will correct them shortly.

Monachos.net

#2 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:21 AM

Dear all,

An update here, to say that the display issue with profiles has now been fixed; and further, the profiles display layout has been improved.

The default styling of member profiles should now be quite pleasantly readable and organised, and in our default Monachos Discussion Community colour scheme.

You can now also customise your profile display styling more effectively. Click 'my profile' from the links at the very upper right-hand corner of the screen (near your username); then, on the 'About Me' tab of your profile, click the 'Customize My Profile' button towards the upper-right of that display. This will drop down a custom styling pane that will allow you to set colours, fonts, etc. You can customise to your heart's content!

One note: If you have entered a URL in the 'Church web site' field of your profile, please check to make sure it begins with 'http://' -- if it does not, the activated link on your profile display will not work correctly.

Enjoy!

#3 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

For the longest time, my ivy was gone. It was a pleasant surprise to see it return. I just spent a while customizing my profile. However my text was awash. I have tried several color combinations and the yellow seems the best fit with the green ivy. However, the text linked with my profile also adjusts some of the text to the left near my avatar and further down that side panel. I have tried several different combinations of color scheme but if I change that text color, my profile text is awash again. They are linked.

I suppose my only option is to abandon my ivy?

Paul

#4 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

One note: If you have entered a URL in the 'Church web site' field of your profile, please check to make sure it begins with 'http://' -- if it does not, the activated link on your profile display will not work correctly.

Enjoy!

I checked and I do have the characters before the www. in my settings, but it still does not make the link on my profile "live". Not that it matters that much, if someone wants to go there, they can cut and past it. suggestions?

Paul

#5 Jason H.

Jason H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

How does one attach a photo to their profile?

#6 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Go to your profile, click on the little pencil near your name, then scroll down to the "Edit Profile Picture" option. You can provide a URL to an online picture or upload an image from your computer.

#7 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

FYI, there is still a bit of a problem in viewing/editing the profiles in Firefox for Windows - it seems to be OK in Explorer and on the Apple platforms. Fr Irenei and I discovered this just the other day when comparing notes and he will work on getting it fixed. In the meantime: If you are having trouble and are using the Firefox Windows browser, try going to "Settings" and in the left hand column clicking on "Edit Profile Picture" or "Edit My Details" You should be able to get at it that way.

Fr David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users