4 replies to this topic

#1 Kelil

Kelil

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Interesting! in the way of a pilgrim I saw that the devil appeared to the professor as a human and vanished when he was touched with the Bible. Soon after we learn that the devil can assume only that which he hates for a limited amount of time.

Can angels do the same? only that they assume that which they love?

For example in Tobit we see angels guiding him without him knowing it. Could this be because they assume human nature? or that they guided the humans in which guided Tobias?

*Kelil is confused.com* lol

#2 Bryan J. Maloney

Bryan J. Maloney

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

I think, but I invite correction, that angels assume whatever appearance God selects for them, but their nature remains the same. They cannot assume human nature any more than we could assume angelic nature.

#3 Kosta

Kosta

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Angels only 'appear' to assume various forms and natures. They do not materialize into an actual physical form. They can only assume that which they hate for a limited duration because they are repulsed by it.

#4 Bryan J. Maloney

Bryan J. Maloney

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

So, then, you at least partially repeat what I wrote--angels assume appearances. Appearances are not forms or natures. What is it that angels "hate", evil? Demonic aspects? You aren't be saying that the world made by God or the appearance of human bodies (made by God) would be repulsive to angels, are you? That verges on gnosticism.

#5 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

But aern't the demons also angels? Are they repulsed by their current form which also they have held for a rather long time? (humanly speaking of course)

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users