4 replies to this topic

#1 Nikita J.

Nikita J.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi everyone

Could someone please explain to me the Orthodox stance on the Virgin? how do we differ from the RC in our beliefs with respect to her? I'm not sure if i'm making this clear..i just want to know, how important is she to us? We ask her to plead on our behalfs to our Lord right? Many of my friends and others that i know at university look down on this belief as they say we worship her and pray to her as if she were a goddess..please help me out on this as i really want to clear that matter up with them once and for all, but i don't know how to...their argument is this, in the story about the wedding at Cana in Galilee, when Mary tells Jesus about the wine that has run out, He doesn't listen to her..so they ask why do we say the hail Mary prayer then?

All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :)

#2 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

I recommend you spend some time in the "Mother of God and the Saints" section of the forum where this thread has been moved to. There is a wealth of information that addresses your question here.

Herman

#3 Nikita J.

Nikita J.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Thank you :)

#4 Antonios

Antonios

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

...their argument is this, in the story about the wedding at Cana in Galilee, when Mary tells Jesus about the wine that has run out, He doesn't listen to her..

He doesn't listen to her? Doesn't He turn the water to wine?

#5 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Why is the song of Mary overlooked by the PC? It is given quite alot of space in "their" bible. Why do they ignore it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users