5 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph H.

Joseph H.

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

Hello,

I wish to change my member name. I no longer wish it to display my full name. I could not find a moderator list and so I come here for help.

If it is not possible to edit my member name, I wish to edit a specific post in a locked thread.

If you know how to do these things or know someone who does, please get back to me.

Thank you.

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Wasn't there a new feature in the last revision that allowed a member to change their username one time only? I think this was initially implemented to allow for a person to correct errors in their name or to conform more closely to the forum requirement of having your real name as your username.

As for editing a post in a locked thread - you will need to send email to one of the moderators explaining what you would like to have changed and why. As a general rule nothing substantial is changed in the archives but exceptions can be made if there is a pressing reason.

Fr David Moser

#3 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

I would actually like to change my member name to Rick H

If a moderator could do that I would really appreciate it.

I couldn't see where I could do this myself using the one-time feature.

#4 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:28 AM

You can change your username only once, and only to correct a situation in which your original username was not appropriate to or did not follow the forum requirements.

To change your username, click on 'Settings' in the upper right-hand corner of all Community pages, then click 'Edit My Details' from the menu bar on the left-hand side of the resulting screen. Midway through the 'Edit My Details' screen, you will see a section entitled 'Change Your Username'; follow the instructions there to change your username.

From the instructions given there:

"Usernames on Monachos.net MUST BE YOUR REAL NAME, either in its full form (e.g. "Jason Michaels"), or with either the Christian name or surname abbreviated with a full stop and a space (e.g. "J. Michaels" or "Jason M."). You MUST use a space between words/initials (i.e. "J. Michaels" not "J.Michaels" or "JMichaels"), and MUST capitalise appropriately (i.e. "Jason Michaels" and not "jason michaels"). NO MONIKERS OR OTHER NICKNAMES ARE ALLOWED.

Consider the form of your real name as username carefully: all posts will contain your name and will be searchable on Google, etc. Pick the form of your name (i.e. whether complete or with one or another name abbreviated) you are comfortable having appear in public in perpetuity! If you are not comfortable posting with one of these forms of your real name as your username fully visible on your contributions and searchable on the internet, please do not post messages to the forum.

The facility is provided here for you to change your username, SOLELY to correct it if you did not provide your real name, as above, at registration. You can only change your username once."

#5 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Thank you.

#6 Joseph H.

Joseph H.

Junior Poster