7 replies to this topic

#1 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

I just wanted to place this request. With "smartphones" and the like becoming so popular now, I figure it has to happen sometime. I like to view this page from an iPhone, so that's why I'm asking.

It looks like you're using Joomla - it shouldn't be too difficult.
Thanks

#2 Theodora E.

Theodora E.

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

I used to view this website all the time on my iPhone. Just a wee bit small and you have to use your pinkie finger to navigate! :) I'd even post! I've got a Droid X now, larger screen, and it's much easier to view and navigate.

#3 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

It'd be unusable for me if I didn't have the newest iPhone with the "retina" display. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to read anything unless I zoom way in. But the retina display is cool because it shows even the tiniest text clearly - it's just that you have to have the phone smashed up against your nose to read it! :)

Well, if it helps anyone else out (if I'm not the only "geek" here), I did figure out that when reading long threads on a mobile display, it's a lot easier to read if you select the "printable" version of the thread. It loses some feature that way, but at least it's more readable.

#4 Forum Administrator

Forum Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Thank you for the notes on this topic. Readers may be pleased to know that the developers of are software are currently in the software design and testing phase of an iPhone app for the Monachos.net Discussion Community, which will actually be a native app that allows for very smooth reading and posting to the forum in what looks to be a nice environment. This is, however, likely still several months in the future. No plans are currently in process for apps on other platforms.

As to viewing the discussion forum on mobile devices: the forum's style currently displays quite well on mobile browsers, and those of us who help Fr Irenei on the programming often use the iPhone as our main day-to-day platform.

#5 Andrew D. Morrell

Andrew D. Morrell

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hello, Admin.

Just to offset the iphone-centric perspective, I regularly visit here on a Blackberry... the forum looks tiny, message headers often overlap links masking the words.

Best - Andrew

#6 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Thank you for the notes on this topic. Readers may be pleased to know that the developers of are software are currently in the software design and testing phase of an iPhone app for the Monachos.net Discussion Community, which will actually be a native app that allows for very smooth reading and posting to the forum in what looks to be a nice environment. This is, however, likely still several months in the future. No plans are currently in process for apps on other platforms.

As to viewing the discussion forum on mobile devices: the forum's style currently displays quite well on mobile browsers, and those of us who help Fr Irenei on the programming often use the iPhone as our main day-to-day platform.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Glory to God!

#7 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hello, Admin.

Just to offset the iphone-centric perspective, I regularly visit here on a Blackberry... the forum looks tiny, message headers often overlap links masking the words.

Best - Andrew

Dear Andrew,
There are 11 types of people in this world: those that use Blackberries and those that don't.

(just a joke)

#8 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Are you going to call the app iMonachos?

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users