#21 Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

For those who do not speak Greek (like me) courtesy of Google Translate and no sense checking by me
Why say no to your citizenship, in forokarta and the 4th Generation Mobile

What is the Schengen

This Treaty shall instruct the United States of Europe to collect electronic information for all EU citizens, and to processed. But the collection and processing of information made available for those entering the country applying the Schengen Agreement.
The collection and processing of electronic information told us that it is necessary because by this way can prevent a criminal act of any terrorist or criminal who jointly prosecuted by the Criminal Code.
When information and processes it actually has a portrait of any person. For example in a communist country's power certainly would like to know what are the right-wing right-wing people. Similarly a country with the right regime would like to know what are the leftists are leftists citizens. An anti-Christian country would like to know what are the Christian people.
With the Schengen system and the implementation of that treaty now, all this is possible. How do I apply? You to explain.
Using forokarta, which at some time will be incorporated in the citizen card that works with a microchip and is connected with the tax office, by no longer need this evidence, the State promptly knows a) where shopping, what shop and how did things that took b) knows that after shopping, so know the place is c) then either buy a newspaper or a book, eat at a restaurant to put the petrol shop from any store, the State immediately to identify and know she currently are. So discreet and wise to follow.
The State since he knows all this, if you buy the right-wing newspapers left by the center-left Christian literature begins to understand the political and religious beliefs you. Also buying books that are Christian or political or other content, concludes for your political or religious beliefs.
Also, the citizen's card will be health card, which means that the state and each one can without much difficulty to detect the disease that has everyone. By what right the state to know what diseases I've gone to far?
Even the citizen's card will be bank account, which means that the state and each one can without much difficulty be aware of my financial situation. So if you owe the tax office in the State, could without difficulty with the legislation to me getting my money through the Bank as a direct update and access.
In addition, the citizen's card is a criminal record, which means that it will be known to me any penalties imposed, in each one will have access to my e-card.
The citizen's card will be diploma and driver's license, passport, identity card, birth certificate and will generally contain all the information about my face.
The State and everyone will know at any time if the travel is located and what I do every day. All are called strict government monitoring of my face.

Who prosecuted and what are characterized as transgressors of the Criminal Code or terrorists.
The United Europe Tuesday, October 5, 2010, voted European legislation for Member States which it describes as the offender's criminal code and criminal any citizen who resists the European legislation.
Also, the Schengen Treaty states that the police have the right to arrest people before committing any criminal offense.
How dangerous are these? I think you understand yourself. You see what would happen if a right-wing government of the country, aims to outlaw the leftist parties! Or if in a communist country, the Government aims to outlaw the right wing! Or if a government has to put Christians outlawed, as were the three first centuries after Christ!
It is understandable that the day before the State having all elements of society and knowing the political or religious convictions, and all their movements, overnight will capture all those who consider the state that the day will react strongly urging the people to resistance against the measures the Government is preparing to vote.
Had Hitler in electronic form all elements of Europe's citizens, how easy it was overnight to capture and destroy the entire Jewish race!
Our lives would be at risk, if we allow our own to release the card of the citizen in our country but throughout Europe. Already the British and the Romanians refused. We believe that in Greece you must remove the eGovernment occupations the present government.
The citizen's card or the so-called forokarta is dangerous for our staff and our family has no obvious or hidden number 666. Di we call the people not to receive and respond as did the English and Romanian. Thus the state will retreat as he did in England and Romania.

Already in America released the dangerous months of the fourth-generation phone. Because the politicians know that Earth people will resist the citizen's card and dangerous forokarta released fourth-generation phone.
Why is it dangerous? Because apart from a telescope is that you can see by turning to the sky, what planets and constellations are at that moment over and save your phone to record all our conversations are:
-Book table, where you deposit or withdrawal without even going to the Bank.
You pay with your cellphone that you buy and where to buy. You pay with your cellphone when you go to a restaurant, gas station etc. automatically makes all the payments you associating it with the internet.
-Health card in it which records all your illnesses and the medications you.
-Safety booklet, which shows that you are insured and communicate directly with your safety.
Patent and license-Car
Passport;
Criminal record;
-Birth certificate.
-Computer which connects wirelessly to the keyboard.
In short, the fourth generation of mobile contains everything and the citizen's card. Incorporating electronic microchip inside the phone that comes within a few months in Europe, online all our items. While starting to remove the previous mobile phones, to young and old to purchase a smart but risky mobile phone.

#22 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

About Mark's post/translation # 21. These are NOT words of Elder Paisios.

#23 Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Happy for somebody to provide a proper translation - Google at best will only give the gist but in Greek there is no possible way I can get the gist.

#24 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Happy for somebody to provide a proper translation - Google at best will only give the gist but in Greek there is no possible way I can get the gist.

You did very well. I just said that those words translated from the Greek article are NOT words of Elder Paisios since we were talking about him.

I wish we would not post lengthy articles such as that with photos and esp in other languages as they are disruptive for the discussion. Links (English or not) would be enough I guess.

And I posted this in post # 20, however it is better again we see first hand what Elder Paisos said about the ID cards, since we were talking about him until the lengthy article in Greek.

Posted Image Originally Posted by SeraphimPapadakis Posted Image
ELDER PAISIOS SAID IT IS A FALL. Perhaps not the mark itself, but a fall.
Thanks

Seraphim, here is what Elder Paisios said:

[Question] -Geronda, what is the relationship between the ID card and the seal?

[Answer] - The ID card is not the seal; it is the introduction to the seal.

p.206 'Spiritual Awakening'

#25 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Concerning things that Elder Paisios "said", we have to distinguish between what the Elder actually wrote, and what other people claim he has said. Some of the books are his own writings, while other books are people putting words in his mouth.

I was listening to a homily by Father Savvas Philotheitis a few years ago, and he was very good friends with the Elder Paisios and lived next to him for many years on the Holy Mountain. Someone asked him what he thinks about the prophecies in recent books that were written by the Elder Paisios' spiritual children, and Father Savvas said that the books written by his spiritual children are not trustworthy in terms of the "prophecies". He said that there is a lot of good spiritual advice in those books that is very beneficial, but concerning the prophecies there is no way that we can determine if they were actually words that Elder Paisios has said.

I'm not mentioning this in terms of specific prophecies quoted here, and certainly some of them might be writings done by the Elder himself, and not by his spiritual children. I'm just saying we have to be careful with those books that say "The Elder Paisios told me this...". It looks like Nina's book is a primary source, but I'm not sure where the original poster was reading the prophecies from.

#26 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

I have the greatest respect for Fr Paisios as a man filled with the grace of the Holy Spirit. What he has to say should indeed be taken seriously. However, while I do not claim to be on a par with the elder Paisios, it is also important to remember that no one is infallible. Many saints have opinions, especially about future events, that have proven not to work out quite the way that they might have thought. The elder is warning us according to his knowledge - that is that the mark of the beast is presaged today in the way that smartcards and other chip ID's work. However, the elder does not say that this is the mark of the beast or even that the coming of the antichrist is imminent, only that in the future, some of the characteristics of the smartcard/chip ID's will be seen in the mark of the beast. The scripture tells us that one will have to possess this mark in order to buy and sell - and so we can see in this technology how such a thing might be possible. We also see how, from the quantity of personal data that can be obtained through the use of this technology, it might also contribute to the rule and control of the antichrist throughout the world. But - and this is very important - this technology is not the mark of the beast and it may not even be an accurate approximation of the mark of the beast - the elder simply sees in this technology how such a mark might be possible.

Is it a sin to use this technology - no. Should we, as Orthodox Christians, be cautious about such things - certainly, as we should be cautious about everything that we encounter in the world. The only way that "the mark of the beast" can snatch us from the hand of Christ and "negate" the grace of out baptism (and I think this description is itself bordering on the heretical - how can anything "negate" grace) is that accepting it will involve some kind of renunciation of Christ - an act of our will. So do not worry about the "mark of the beast" or anything else in the world, but above all cling to Christ and draw as near to Him as possible. Strengthen your hold on Him and follow His lead in all things. Remember that He tells us not to worry about tomorrow, but rather to be concerned only for today. He will take care of tomorrow. Cultivate this attitude of trust and joyful acceptance of all that comes to you from the hand of God and the mark of the beast will never even tempt you. Rather than waste time and effort trying to figure out all this stuff - it is better simply to pray, keep the fast, read the Gospel, do the work that God gives you each day. If you do this, God will take care of all the big stuff.

Fr David Moser

#27 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

but I'm not sure where the original poster was reading the prophecies from.

Which original poster?

Edit: Oh ok, got it. The article in Greek is with words from Fr. Nektarios Moulatsiotis and not from Elder Paisios. Yes, I would like to see book titles too that the OP is getting his info from. Many people say that what you posted about the books published about Elder Paisios, however there is also a consistency on the words published so I do not know. God knows.

The book I quoted from is compiled from interviews with Elder from the Monastery "St. John the Theologian" in Thessaloniki which he helped build and loved so much because they gave blood for the Elder and saved him during a surgery. So Elder Paisios did not know what do for them as he has explained and was very grateful to the sisters so he saw to it that their very poor community would be helped and he helped it himself also for building it. He is also buried there. Elder reveals many details of his life in these books so I highly doubt it that these are not his authentic words.

Also do not discount the jealousy of some people who knew him and were not as attentive as to record his words. :)

Edited by Nina, 18 March 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#28 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:23 AM

I use cash.

#29 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Concerning things that Elder Paisios "said", we have to distinguish between what the Elder actually wrote, and what other people claim he has said. Some of the books are his own writings, while other books are people putting words in his mouth.

I was listening to a homily by Father Savvas Philotheitis a few years ago, and he was very good friends with the Elder Paisios and lived next to him for many years on the Holy Mountain. Someone asked him what he thinks about the prophecies in recent books that were written by the Elder Paisios' spiritual children, and Father Savvas said that the books written by his spiritual children are not trustworthy in terms of the "prophecies". He said that there is a lot of good spiritual advice in those books that is very beneficial, but concerning the prophecies there is no way that we can determine if they were actually words that Elder Paisios has said.

I'm not mentioning this in terms of specific prophecies quoted here, and certainly some of them might be writings done by the Elder himself, and not by his spiritual children. I'm just saying we have to be careful with those books that say "The Elder Paisios told me this...". It looks like Nina's book is a primary source, but I'm not sure where the original poster was reading the prophecies from.

I also back up what Christina has said ... my Spiritual Father is Elder Damaskinos of the Mountain and he has been saying the exact same thing as Father Savvas Philotheitis. Elder Damaskinos has clearly stated for years now that everything that the Elder Paisius has said are indeed inspired from the Holy Spirit since he was a pure vessel and they are in consensus with the Spirit of the Church fathers from the ages. What he does not like is how many of the spiritual children have written books and have said things that the Elder Paisius "supposedly" said but hasnt ... this includes the disobedient nuns who wrote Wounded By Love. They have added a mis leading comment in this book about the Elder's Opinion on Evolution and the Elder never said those words. The Bishop and these sisters were told that they should edit the book and take this comment out since it is not what the elder ever said and they are yet to make this modification and apology.

Fr David, with all respect ... everything the Elder Paisus HAS said with his mouth is true it is the additions of the "people" that are not! :)

#30 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

Ps. I also wanted to point out that the advise of Father David Moser is precisely the exact same advise that Elder Damaskinos has been teaching us in his sermons whilest visiting us. He says that this is in line with the way the Elder Paisius actually spoke and taught about the anti-Christ.

He says something along the lines of that it is not a sin to use technology but we must resist certain changes when they take away our democratic rights as human beings ... for example, the ID card in Greece that is to be implemented shortly. He says that it is not the card that is a sin nor is it the actual mark of the beast however resistance of this card is about resisting the political "hold" this card has on the freedom of individual's rights (eg. The card tracks ALL your purchases right down to the bottle of water and where you purchased it) ...

#31 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

I also back up what Christina has said ... my Spiritual Father is Elder Damaskinos of the Mountain and he has been saying the exact same thing as Father Savvas Philotheitis. Elder Damaskinos has clearly stated for years now that everything that the Elder Paisius has said are indeed inspired from the Holy Spirit since he was a pure vessel and they are in consensus with the Spirit of the Church fathers from the ages. What he does not like is how many of the spiritual children have written books and have said things that the Elder Paisius "supposedly" said but hasnt ... this includes the disobedient nuns who wrote Wounded By Love. They have added a mis leading comment in this book about the Elder's Opinion on Evolution and the Elder never said those words. The Bishop and these sisters were told that they should edit the book and take this comment out since it is not what the elder ever said and they are yet to make this modification and apology.

Fr David, with all respect ... everything the Elder Paisus HAS said with his mouth is true it is the additions of the "people" that are not! :)

Who are the disobedient nuns that wrote 'Wounded by Love'? I thought that book is about Elder Porphyrios.

So how does your elder, or other SF advise that people discern the words of Elder Paisios? Do they say particular books are the words of Elder Paisios?

A couple of books I have from Elder Paisios were given to me by my 1st SF, an Athonite monk and who was Elder Pasios' spiritual son, and actually Elder Paisios sent him to Albania for hierapostoli. So I do not beleive my Spiritual Father gave me erroneous books since he knew Elder Paisios first hand and was his spiritual son.

The series of the "Spiritual Counsels" books published by the nuns in Souroti, are sold at the Monastery of St. Anthony in AZ and I do not think that erroneous books will be sold there esp since all things are blessed by Elder Ephraim.

It is good to provide also guidelines from the elders who have taught you these things, as for instance which books they hold as erroneous and which not. That will be much more helpful since if you and Christina just write in general in a public forum about books of Elder Paisios then people who do not know people who knew him might be turned off just by everything by him and may loose precious teachings said by Elder Paisios.

Thanks.

#32 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Who are the disobedient nuns that wrote 'Wounded by Love'? I thought that book is about Elder Porphyrios.

My apologies, the comments extend for both of these Elders and yes I meant to write "Elder Poryfrios" but I am human and also I not able to edit/review my comments when I post. So, if I make a mistake it sticks in the thread.

#33 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

My apologies, the comments extend for both of these Elders and yes I meant to write "Elder Poryfrios" but I am human and also I not able to edit/review my comments when I post. So, if I make a mistake it sticks in the thread.

Thanks. Ok I am human too and since I could not read your mind asked about it since I noticed a discrepancy. Sorry if you feel not good with my questions. However they are honest questions and maybe if you know something to help us here please do.

I do always make generalizations myself, but usually generalizations about books of an Elder (who is helping me so much through one of his books and I usually do not leave a room without it at this particular moment of my life) do not help me because then I feel scared I am reading something untrue! I do not beleive that since there is a authentic tone which I have sensed from Elder's words. Forgive me that I genuinely need help with this issue that was raised here.

#34 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:49 AM

I do always make generalizations myself, but usually generalizations about books of an Elder (who is helping me so much through one of his books and I usually do not leave a room without it at this particular moment of my life) do not help me because then I feel scared I am reading something untrue! I do not beleive that since there is a authentic tone which I have sensed from Elder's words. Forgive me that I genuinely need help with this issue that was raised here.

Nobody is saying that any of the books are "bad" and that they shouldn't be read. Fr. Savvas was just saying that when a book wasn't written by the Elder himself, then if we read something "doubtful" in that book, we shouldn't attribute it to the Elder Paisios. The specific example that was brought up before Fr. Savvas was: "What do you think about these new books that are coming out about the Elder Paisios, which claim that he gave prophecies concerning the fall of the Turks, and that soon Greece will be in control of Constantinople again?" And that's when Fr. Savvas said that we have to be careful with the "prophecies" which didn't come directly from the Elder's writings. He didn't say that we shouldn't read those books, nor that we shouldn't gain spiritual benefit from the good things written in those books - he just said that we have to be careful with any "doubtful" things we find in those books, because they might not be the actual words of the Elder. I'm really not sure which books he was referring to, because I've never read a book which claims he said that the Turks will fall soon, and that soon Greece will be in control of Constantinople again.

I guess an example of a book that wasn't written directly by the Elder is: "Talks with Father Paisios" (Ο Γέροντας μου είπε in Greek). The author of the book, a spiritual child of the Elder's, writes this in the prologue: "Now that the Elder has reposed, I consider it my duty to hand down his counsels to my Christian brethren." He gives a ton of quotes from the Elder in this book, but he doesn't explain where the quotes came from. He doesn't say that he recorded his conversations with the Elder on cassette tape, nor that he always took notes when the Elder was speaking. He might have done these things, but we don't know. If something doubtful was written in this book, no one could attribute that saying to the Elder. (Not that there is anything particularly doubtful in this particular book.) If something beneficial is written in that book, there's no reason why we shouldn't benefit from it and claim that the Elder said that. Personally, I gained much benefit from that book.

An example of a book that is the Elder's direct writings is the famous: "Epistles". If something is written in there, we can be fairly certain that the Elder wrote those words himself, since the book is his letters to the monastery.

#35 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Nobody is saying that any of the books are "bad" and that they shouldn't be read. Fr. Savvas was just saying that when a book wasn't written by the Elder himself, then if we read something "doubtful" in that book, we shouldn't attribute it to the Elder Paisios. The specific example that was brought up before Fr. Savvas was: "What do you think about these new books that are coming out about the Elder Paisios, which claim that he gave prophecies concerning the fall of the Turks, and that soon Greece will be in control of Constantinople again?" And that's when Fr. Savvas said that we have to be careful with the "prophecies" which didn't come directly from the Elder's writings. He didn't say that we shouldn't read those books, nor that we shouldn't gain spiritual benefit from the good things written in those books - he just said that we have to be careful with any "doubtful" things we find in those books, because they might not be the actual words of the Elder. I'm really not sure which books he was referring to, because I've never read a book which claims he said that the Turks will fall soon, and that soon Greece will be in control of Constantinople again.

I haven't either read a book with such prophecy. If someone read such a book please let us know which book it is. How about the book of Saint Kosmas Aetolos? I do not think he wrote it himself (did he?) and definitely there were not recording devices at that time so no one recorded him. But we have his wonderful sermons and prophecies. No one doubts them. And there are plenty of prophecies there about many things. And we do not even understand prophecies before their fulfillment so how can we doubt them? How about the Holy Spirit that we leave so often out of the equation. And having faith. People have tried to say these things even for the Bible. However in our good spiritual endeavors we trust that God will lead us if there is no way for us to know something.

In regards to the prophecies about Constantinople there is a tradition of a prophecy about the Marmarino Vasileas. So never say never lol

I guess an example of a book that wasn't written directly by the Elder is: "Talks with Father Paisios" (Ο Γέροντας μου είπε in Greek). The author of the book, a spiritual child of the Elder's, writes this in the prologue: "Now that the Elder has reposed, I consider it my duty to hand down his counsels to my Christian brethren." He gives a ton of quotes from the Elder in this book, but he doesn't explain where the quotes came from. He doesn't say that he recorded his conversations with the Elder on cassette tape, nor that he always took notes when the Elder was speaking. He might have done these things, but we don't know. If something doubtful was written in this book, no one could attribute that saying to the Elder. (Not that there is anything particularly doubtful in this particular book.) If something beneficial is written in that book, there's no reason why we shouldn't benefit from it and claim that the Elder said that. Personally, I gained much benefit from that book.

We can tell this about any book that was written by others about Saints or Holy people. We can even start saying this about the book St. Athanasius wrote about St. Anthony and many more books throughout the history of our Church. Maybe you will say that the monk who writes on behalf of Elder Paisios is not a Saint like St. Athanasios. But how do we know that? Believe me I am not defending authors who make up things, but without strong evidence it is better not to speak so publicly. Let everyone be directed by their SF if there are bad books about Elder Paisios like your Elders are directing you. Also do not discount the work of the Holy Spirit if people are sincerely trying to learn from the Elder.

An example of a book that is the Elder's direct writings is the famous: "Epistles". If something is written in there, we can be fairly certain that the Elder wrote those words himself, since the book is his letters to the monastery.

So then when we talk about authentic, or not authentic work of others maybe we should say that these and other books were written by him.

Another book Elder Paisios wrote is the book about St. Arsenios the Cappadocian.

#36 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

I ran into this quote today, which I thought might be slightly related to the topic of using smartcards:

Fr.D.G.: Something especially impressive about Elder Porphyrios was that he admired and exploited technological inventions. He was amazed by the fact that God had given Man the ability to make such discoveries, and he advised his spiritual children to make use of technology. "Should it be allowed," he asked "for God to help Man make so many discoveries, then for the devil to use them and us Christians not to use them?"

#37 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

orry if you feel not good with my questions. However they are honest questions and maybe if you know something to help us here please do.

Out of the love I have for you :) and for the sheer fact that I am so guilty of being a poor writer I want to try to clarify what I wrote above for the love of those who are reading it and feeling scandalised or confused.

... I did not say that the Gerontas Damaskinos has said that the books are not good to read. He has also not said that the information in the book is not the words of the Elder Paisius/Porfryios. However, what he has said is that in SOME books (not most) their are minor theological errors that are written as IF the Elder has said those few points when he didnt and he did not support the ideas behind them. Only someone who has lived with this Elder (and Gerontas Damaskinos has lived with Elder Paisius in the same cell) can know the real Elder Paisius and Elder Porfyrios. Both of them ...

I did not want to bring this up but since the question has been raised outright, a few weeks ago I approached Elder Damaskinos and commented to him that many people on the Internet would want to know these things ... I asked for his blessing if he could write a letter that explains it all and he will be doing that when he returns to Mount Athos - but that will not be for a while. I also contacted John Sanidopoulos to ask him if, in his kindness, he would be happy to translate this fax into English ... and he has agreed that he will.

#38 Vasiliki D.

Vasiliki D.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Nobody is saying that any of the books are "bad" and that they shouldn't be read. Fr. Savvas was just saying that when a book wasn't written by the Elder himself, then if we read something "doubtful" in that book, we shouldn't attribute it to the Elder Paisios.

[cut]

Hi Christina, I would really love to ask Gerontas Damaskinos if he knows Fr Savvas ... do you have his official title so I can approach the Elder monk this Friday? With your blessing ... you see, Elder Damaskinos and Fr Savvas are saying the EXACT same things - they are in consensus about Elder Paisisus (and this comment extends to Elder Porfyrios).

Gerontas Damaskinos has also stated in his sermons that the Epistles is the one set of books he has absolultey no concerns with since the appropriate blessings behind the scenes and content have been approved and verified (behind the scenes). He also has stated the exact same things about the others books as exactly as Fr Savvas has said. That is what leads me to believe that they must know each other.

[Side comment: I am trying very hard to convince the Elder to send me a photo of him and Elder Philotheos Zervakos together in Paros during a baptism service. It is a very old photo but I know he wont let me post it to the internet but I am excited to find out it exists. Do you have a photo of Fr Savvas?]

#39 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

This is interesting. Below is a transcription from the Greek Cypriot radio program "Orthodoxy Today", involving an interview by Mr. Klitos Ioannidis of Metropolitan Neophytos of Morphou. Metr. Neophytos was good friends with both Elder Porphyrios and Elder Paisios. The passage below is the Metropolitan speaking:

And here, Mr Klito, I must mention to you that there is an epistle held by a monastery of the Holy Mountain, and it would be good for the holders of this epistle to publicize it at some point. This happens to be an epistle of Elder Porphyrios sent to Elder Paisios. Now, I understand that the content of this epistle may challenge some of our spiritual brothers, but it is good to be challenged this way. Now and then it is good. It is better to be challenged than to fall into exaggerations. This epistle says, and this from a man who revered and honored Fr. Paisios very much; Fr. Porphyrios told me himself that "Fr. Paisios is a man of God." And he wrote to him: "My dear Fr. Paisios, what happened to you? If Constantinople will be freed or not, this is the concern of the politicians and the military rulers, and not of the monks... not even of the archpriests. If the antichrist will come, this must be the concern of the archpriests, and it is their duty to inform the people. And when that time comes, God will provide us with illumined archpriests, who then in turn will illumine the people. We the monks, if we are members of the priesthood, we need to liturgize for the salvation of the entire universe. And if we happen to be simple monks, we need to cry about our sins. Now, because of my love for you, and knowing how much you love Christ, I am giving you a rule not to talk about these things again, influenced out of your great love for Asia Minor and Hellenism." And Fr. Paisios, this great man of God, did obedience to this great Elder of Elders, Fr. Porphyrios. And since then he kept silent about these things, because he realized that even the smallest comment he would make would be often exaggerated by his highly impressionable visitors. And not to mention that some of these prophetic sayings were not his own, but he was quoted by different people, and again, misquoted.

The entire program was very interesting, and spoke about viewpoints of the end times given by Elder Porphyrios, Elder Paisios, Elder Iakovos Tsalikis (of Evia), and Elder Evmenios, all of whom Metr. Neophytos was close friends with. The translation was done by Constantine Zalalas. I can provide MP3s if anyone wants.

#40 Nina

Nina

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

Christina, now do not be jealous about prophecies that exist about the Poli. :) And no one stopped St. Kosmas so whatever you guys say, I can still read St. Kosma's book and it has many prophecies which are fulfilled there and there are prophecies about the Poli too. :) Do not go all military on St. Kosmas too now on monachos lol because whatever you say you can never shake me about him. I buried my son on the day of his feastday and still love him very much because we are Orthodox (in some areas of Greece occupied by the turks) because of him. And yeah people have called him many things and because he wrote we must learn Greek and things like this. But oh well there is no law or dogma against loving these things.

And VV are you sure there was someone allowed to live in the cell of Elder Paisios? He seems to never mention anyone and he mentions he is praying and people come to see him and he often was so much into praying that he did not even answer the door. Anyway it is better to let these details alone since if your SF lived with the Elder, and if my SF lived down the road from the Elder it does not mean that one knows the Elder way better than the other. Only God knows the Elder very well. See I am not defending what was added incorrectly to what were the real words of Geronda, and I get what you want to say but also I am saying an internet forum is not the best place to place judgments on what we (or our SFs) have said about the authors. Honestly my SF never ever told us any comments about the writers of the books from Elder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users