Alice

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Dear Christina,

Are you serious? Can anyone really not see that you were joking?!? A sense of humour is a good thing my dear...the most holy Elders are known to have a sense of humour, so you are in good company! :-)

Alice

#142 Dorothy Robey

Dorothy Robey

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

I also back up what Christina has said ... my Spiritual Father is Elder Damaskinos of the Mountain and he has been saying the exact same thing as Father Savvas Philotheitis. Elder Damaskinos has clearly stated for years now that everything that the Elder Paisius has said are indeed inspired from the Holy Spirit since he was a pure vessel and they are in consensus with the Spirit of the Church fathers from the ages. What he does not like is how many of the spiritual children have written books and have said things that the Elder Paisius "supposedly" said but hasnt ... this includes the disobedient nuns who wrote Wounded By Love. They have added a mis leading comment in this book about the Elder's Opinion on Evolution and the Elder never said those words. The Bishop and these sisters were told that they should edit the book and take this comment out since it is not what the elder ever said and they are yet to make this modification and apology.

Fr David, with all respect ... everything the Elder Paisus HAS said with his mouth is true it is the additions of the "people" that are not! :)

Yes, but the book Wounded by Love was about Elder Porphyrios, not Elder Paisios.

#143 Dorothy Robey

Dorothy Robey

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

Sorry for the late comment in this thread. I'm new here and am trying to catch on to how the forum works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users