6 replies to this topic

#1 Julia P.

Julia P.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:22 AM

I was reading in the community handbook about how to leave feedback, it says that an icon should be on the upper right hand corner of a post that you can click on and leave feedback. I was looking and I can't find this icon on any posts.

Julia

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Actually the format of the discussion forum has changed since then. Look on the righthand side of the bar across the bottom of the post. There is a sixpointed star that says "Like this Post?" If you click on that you will get a popup box that asks if you would like to leave feedback.

Fr David

#3 David Lanier

David Lanier

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Where do you go to find feedback that was left? I had a notification that I had gotten feedback, and when I clicked on it within the Notifications menu, it disappeared and I ended up in my inbox.

#4 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Feedback appears on your personal page. However it's up to the person providing the Feedback to add to this written comments or not. If there are no written comments perhaps there's nothing to see on your personal page?

#5 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

In the upper right hand corner of the webpage will be a "Welcome back <your name> and several menu items. Click on "Settings" and it will take you to where you can see the feedback comments.

#6 David Lanier

David Lanier

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Herman. That's not very intuitive to have to go to Settings to see Feedback messages, and you can't reply although I suppose you could pvt msg the person.

#7 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Herman. That's not very intuitive to have to go to Settings to see Feedback messages, and you can't reply although I suppose you could pvt msg the person.

The feedback feature is not meant to be a two way conversation. Its simply a way to indicate a one line reaction that isn't really related to the discussion - something like "Amen to that" or "Great comment" or similar things. If you want to make a discussion out of it, then indeed use the PM feature - that's what its for.

Fr David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users