#1 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I have a new laptop now and for some reason the font size on monachos is way too small.

The font size for all of my other functions and websites is fine, but not here.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the font size on this site somehow.

Thank you.

#2 Kyrill Bolton

Kyrill Bolton

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

I found this past post

How do I customize the style / design / layout of my profile?

A feature added in 2008 is the ability to customize the style / design of your member profile, in order to give it a 'flavour' unique to you. Once this is fully enabled, you will be able to edit the design and styling of your profile page via the 'Customize Profile' section within the User Control Panel. You will be able to adjust the colour scheme, fonts, borders and layout of elements on the page.

You can also use images as background for various sections of you profile. First you will need to upload the background images to an album you have created (?). Background images can be sourced only from albums defined as public, or 'profile' type. Images in private albums cannot be used.

This does not appear to address the size of the font. You can always use the Control + (plus) button combination but that would also change the size on other sites. (Control - (minus) makes the font smaller.

#3 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

If you have Windows and are using MS IE, hit Ctrl and the +. It will make letters bigger for viewing. Works everywhere, not just Monachos. If you are using a Mac and Safari, hit CMD and the +.

Any other browser, check the "View" pull-donw menu and go to "text size".

Herman the hopefully helpful Pooh

#4 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thanks to both of you.

This is so dumb. I got this HP laptop two days ago. I do have Windows 7 and MS IE 8.

When I hit Ctrl and the + nothing happens.

when I hit Ctrl and the - the font gets even smaller. the more times I do this the smaller it gets; but, I cannot make it larger by hitting the Ctrl and the + once I make it smaller.

Nothing happens at any point when I hit the Ctrl and the +

i think i have the worst luck with computer stuff . . .

thanks anyway.

#5 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

You should upgrade to IE 9, it's a lot better than IE 8. Plus then you can "pin" your Monachos page to your taskbar, like I have done, and then you open it like opening an application.

For the zoom-in shortcut, maybe try hitting Ctrl-Shift-+. Otherwise, if you have a mouse with a wheel, try holding Ctrl while moving the mouse wheel up and down. But it's possible that maybe your regular zoom-in keyboard shortcut is being universally bound by a different application (I hate it when that happens), but as Herman said above you can still find "Zoom" and "Text Size" in the IE menus.

#6 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Perfect Christina!!! Hurray! It works very well when I hit Ctrl-Shift-+ as you suggested. Thank you very much!

Please see Father David for your free amonchos coffee voucher as a thank you present!

#7 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

Christina,

Just have to say thank you again . . . I installed IE9 this morning, as you suggested, and my computer seems to run much faster just with this one change.

Thanks again!
Rick

#8 Christina M.

Christina M.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

That's good to hear, Rick! Glory to God!

I like IE 9 a lot, but JSYK there seems to be some kind of a memory leak in the current version. I've seen it use up over 6 GB of RAM on more than a few occasions, which is insane. That's usually when I have more than 50 tabs open at the same time. Hopefully they'll fix that bug sometime soon.

P.S. I've been trying to redeem my free "monachos coffee voucher" from the admins, but they're pretending like they don't know what I'm talking about. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users