10 replies to this topic

#1 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the Forum today?

First I notice that pages are loading v-e-r-y slowly (like the problem that occurred five or six years ago).

Then something very curious- each post I make results in a double identical post right after the first.

-Fr Raphael

#2 Paul Cowan

Paul Cowan

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have noticed a slight slow down of late, but I figured it was just my computer. I have not seen the double entry problem though on my end with yours or others posts.

Paul

#3 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Well I am feeling a bit sick today. It's like the Forum is reflecting my state of mind! (seeing double).

-Fr Raphael

#4 Archimandrite Irenei

Archimandrite Irenei

Community Moderator

• Administrators
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm not experiencing any of these problems, Father. The speed is quite good for me (actually, rather fast).

#5 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

I"m not seeing any problems either. I have had the "double post" issue in the past - but that was because of my firewall software. It was set to check all outgoing email and somehow it created a delay that meant that the email was sent twice. I had to cut off that outgoing screen (which seemed a bit redundant to me anyway) and then everything was fine.

Fr David

#6 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

Thanks. Everything is working fine today. So maybe it was Kaspersky acting up.

-Fr Raphael

#7 Dorothy Allen

Dorothy Allen

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

When I attempt to log in from the computer that I used when registering, I receive the following message:
404 - Component not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

• an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
  • a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
  • a mistyped address
  • you have no access to this page
  • The requested resource was not found.
  • An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.
Component not found

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem? If so, what is the solution?
Thanks.

#8 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

You seem to have overcome the problem since you were able to post this. If you are using more than one machine to log in, it may be that the one machine is logged out and you need to reenter your username and password.

Fr David Moser

#9 Dorothy Allen

Dorothy Allen

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thank you, Father. I use only one machine. However, in order to NOT get the error message, I must log out of my internet service provider's user, shut down my computer, restart, and then enter the internet browser in what is called "private browsing" mode. The problem might have something to do with my internet service provider's security application; however, I do not experience this issue when navigating to other websites. For now, I will do the shut down and restart each time I wish to enter the Monachos website. It's a few extra steps, but I am happy to be here.

You seem to have overcome the problem since you were able to post this. If you are using more than one machine to log in, it may be that the one machine is logged out and you need to reenter your username and password.

Fr David Moser

#10 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

There is a box you can tick so that you will not be logged out when you leave the website - you may want to take that option, then you will always be logged in.

Fr David

#11 Dorothy Allen

Dorothy Allen

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Greetings, Father.
Yes, I do check the "remember me" option, but it does not remain logged in. Each time I go to a different page or different thread or want to post, it asks me to log in again. I am relatively certain that this has something to do with the security program that my internet service has or with my anti-virus/anti-fishing software program. It is something that I simply must put up with. Patience is a virtue and everything happens for our edification and growth. Perhaps it is teaching me patience and forcing me to feel gratitude each time I successfully can come to this forum. It's "ok" that I have to do the extra work to be here. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Glory to God for all things!

There is a box you can tick so that you will not be logged out when you leave the website - you may want to take that option, then you will always be logged in.

Fr David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users