Loucas

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

Christ Is Risen

I'm a bit confused about the "Early Christians", if it was good enough for them why not us? Orthodoxy IS the early Christians. Yes, as Olga said one is not required to know all the reasons and Canons, however, my Priest has always said if you don't understand or question anything in our faith or liturgy ask, ask your priest to tell you why that or this is. The Liturgy is a reenactment of Scripture and we are members and apart of that. It is not important weather the service is long or short, it is the context and the Spirit within. Allow yourself to be filled with faith and hope and desire to be there in the presents of the Holy Spirit and the time will not be a question but what is beneficial. What is needful. The 18 questions that Sacha begins this thread with are just the type of questions you need to sit with your Priest or Spiritual Father and discuss. But as Olga has mentioned, you can be a faithful Orthodox Christian working out your Spiritual Life, without knowing all the Canons. I for one talk to my Spiritual Father and understanding things help me. Peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users