5 replies to this topic

#1 William Thompson

William Thompson

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

(I'm not sure where to post this.) Some Mormon missionaries left a card on my door today, so I expect them to return. I've not studied Mormonism at all, but I understand that it is deeply heretical at best. Does anyone know where I can find an
Orthodox response to the LDS?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

#2 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

The Orthodox Wiki is a good place to start: Mormonism at Orthodoxwiki

#3 William Thompson

William Thompson

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

That's excellent. Thank you!

#4 Fr. Michael L.

Fr. Michael L.

Regular Poster

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

This is a good resource by Father Alexey Young- http://www.fatherale...sh/mormon_e.htm

#5 Phoebe K.

Phoebe K.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

From my experiences of dealing with Mormons I have found that sticking to the proclamation of the Trinity and the full divinity as well as humanity of Christ is the best method, a sprinkling of the creed or the fathers also tends to help. If you do it in prayer it is even possible in grace to soften their harts to the truth through our Lord's grace.

Phoebe

#6 nijjhar

nijjhar

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi Brother,

Listen to everyone and vet them in spirit. But if you do not have spirit, then others of spirit would seem to you heretic.

Now, John, the Baptist baptised sensible Jews of spirit or of heart in water in the name of Abraham and He never baptised any woman or a Gentile. Now, I know this in spirit and you shall be looking Books where this is written.

These facts are known to you but you do not know WHY? I know the answer and for this reason, you will call me a heretic.

(I'm not sure where to post this.) Some Mormon missionaries left a card on my door today, so I expect them to return. I've not studied Mormonism at all, but I understand that it is deeply heretical at best. Does anyone know where I can find an
Orthodox response to the LDS?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users