#1 Jeremiah Taluzek

Jeremiah Taluzek

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

This may sound like a silly question, but is anyone aware of any Orthodox prayers or services that have been translated into the Latin language? I have found a Latin translation of the Akathist here: http://www.allmercif...Acathistus.html , and a Latin translation of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom here: http://www.allmercif...Chrysostomi.pdf . Is anyone aware of others, like daily prayer rules? I'm not interested in Latin texts of Western devotions, because those are not so hard to find with a little searching. Any help would be appreciated.

In Christ,
Jeremiah

#2 Cantor Krishnich

Cantor Krishnich

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

The Western-rite Orthodox Church uses western devotions and the Latin mass. The western-rite churches do all the tradtions and beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church with the exception of major doctrines/canons of the Orthodox Church that they do follow. They are a revival of the pre-schismatic Roman Church. Yes, they do follow the Roman format of devotions and daily prayer.

#3 Jeremiah Taluzek

Jeremiah Taluzek

Regular Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

Thank you for your response. I am very interested in Western-rite Orthodoxy, and have been following its recent developments for as long as I've known about Eastern Orthodoxy. I should have been more specific, though, in my question. What I was curios about were specifically Eastern-rite texts, translated into Latin (but preferably not those that may be in circulation among the Byzantine Catholics). It's an idle question, I suppose, and there wouldn't be any reason to translate them into Latin... But being the idle wonderer that I am, and having an interest in Latin, I suppose I was hoping someone out there was as crazy as myself :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users