Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

On the nature of non-Christian religions.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Why be Orthodox? Because it provides the environment for a meaningful relationship with Christ in a manner that no other experience does? And if another person does have a meaningful relationship with Christ in a heterodox environment, what business is it of ours? That is between them and Christ. Does that mean that I am justifying the heterodox? I don't see it.

We cannot testify to what we don't know, we can only witness to what has been revealed to us. We are called to defend the hope that is in us, not castigate the hope (or lack thereof) in others.

I go with St. Theophan the Recluse myself on that score.

Edited by Herman Blaydoe, 17 April 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#22 Rdr Andreas

Rdr Andreas

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

..but then why bother even being Orthodox at all in that case?

I did not think that what I wrote led to this question, but it can be a fair question. One answer is, because you want the best for yourself. The answer also is to attend the Divine Liturgy (like the emissaries of St Vladimir). The Orthodox way is the path of life but like life itself it can be hard and narrow and one stumbles along the way daily, sometimes getting badly injured; but the Church is our hospital and Her liturgy removes doubts, answers the question and gives us heavenly joy because in the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church is the grace of the Divine Presence present to the fullest extent: 'Thou hast made known to me the paths of life; with Thy presence shalt Thou fill me with joy' (Ps 15:11 LXX).

Edited by Andreas Moran, 19 April 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#23 Mike L

Mike L

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I did not think that what I wrote led to this question, but it can be a fair question. One answer is, because you want the best for yourself. The answer also is to attend the Divine Liturgy (like the emissaries of St Vladimir). The Orthodox way is the path of life but like life itself it can be hard and narrow and one stumbles along the way daily, sometimes getting badly injured; but the Church is our hospital and Her liturgy removes doubts, answers the question and gives us heavenly joy because in the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church is the grace of the Divine Presence present to the fullest extent: 'Thou hast made known to me the paths of life; with Thy presence shalt Thou fill me with joy' (Ps 15:11 LXX).

Truly the Church is our hospital, and like St. Cyprian of Carthage said:

“He cannot have God for his Father, who has not the Church for his mother.” Amen.

#24 nijjhar

nijjhar

Junior Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hi,

In Jesus what comes out of your own mouth that matters and not what is written.

Islam stands for submission to Allah, our Father but these Mohammedans are submitted to the wills of their Mullahs called INSHMULLAHS OR Fatwas that are similar to the edicts of Pope. True Islam is Shariah Free as Allah is Shariah Free.

Sikhism is continuation of Christianity but you hardly find a true Sikh but fanatic sons of Satan. One in a Million is a Sikh. In Jesus, one in a thousand and two in Ten thousands.

In Jesus, no one can put on funny robes and stand between man and God as they cannot give the account of people but of themselves.

So, anti Christ Robed Church Father themselves cannot enter into the Royal Kingdom of our Real Father, where the True Vine Christ Jesus exists, then how can they criticise others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users