7 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan Kimel

Aidan Kimel

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

I recently switched from Safari to Camino as my principal browser. I am now seeing a line of coding at the very top of the Discussion Community webpage: '); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //-->. My guess is that I shouldn't be seeing this. :)

Perhaps this is a Camino problem, as I do not see this line of coding when I use either Safari or Firefox.

#2 Rdr Daniel (R.)

Rdr Daniel (R.)

Very Frequent Poster

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Dear Father Aidan,
Bless Father,

I think it must be a Camino problem as I am using Opera and it looks fine so 3/1 it seems like it must just be Camino is not fully compatible with some of this site.

In Christ.
Daniel,

#3 Aidan Kimel

Aidan Kimel

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

I sent the problem over to the Camino forum. The Monachos webmaster, and anyone else who is interested, may find the discussion of interest: HTML Coding. It looks like there is some kind of error, but no one knows precisely how it should be corrected.

#4 Rdr Thomas

Rdr Thomas

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I sent the problem over to the Camino forum. The Monachos webmaster, and anyone else who is interested, may find the discussion of interest: HTML Coding. It looks like there is some kind of error, but no one knows precisely how it should be corrected.

At the risk of starting a Holy War, any rational person would agree that Google Chrome would fix your problem, Fr. Aiden. ;-)

(Just a little levity...I'm a web developer so I have to run multiple browsers regularly...I feel your pain.)

Asking your blessing,
Rdr. Thomas

#5 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

At the risk of starting a Holy War, any rational person would agree that Google Chrome would fix your problem, Fr. Aiden. ;-)

(Just a little levity...I'm a web developer so I have to run multiple browsers regularly...I feel your pain.)

Asking your blessing,
Rdr. Thomas

FWIW, I can confirm that neither Firefox (which I prefer), nor Explorer (:P) have this problem.

#6 Aidan Kimel

Aidan Kimel

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thomas, as you know, nothing is more important than one's choice of operating system and one's choice of browser. Here we come to the heart of true religion. Let the holy war commence! ;)

So what kind of computer should the Orthodox use? The answer to me is clear: Mac! Umberto Eco got it wrong. Mac is not Catholic; it is Eastern through and through. The elegance and beauty of the Mac can only be described as liturgical, iconic, sacramental.

So which browser should Mac users use? Here, I think, there is only theologoumena. Camino has been my favorite browser since I converted to Mac six years ago, but it has just about reached the end of the line. Very soon it will no longer be supported. I tried Chrome a year ago and did not like it. Perhaps I should give it another try.

#7 Rdr Thomas

Rdr Thomas

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

So what kind of computer should the Orthodox use? The answer to me is clear: Mac! Umberto Eco got it wrong. Mac is not Catholic; it is Eastern through and through. The elegance and beauty of the Mac can only be described as liturgical, iconic, sacramental.

I was going to put forth the effort to make a Motorola/Intel, Old/New calendar argument, but it's just not in me at the moment. I use a Mac at home and a Windows computer (out of necessity) at work, so I'm not sure if that means I'm still in the process of being converted or not. ("one foot in the grave" is possible pun here too...I'll let the reader decide which platform this applies to...)

As for Chrome, it took me several tries before I was convinced of its status as the One True Browser, so I sympathize with your experience and would encourage you to try it again.

#8 John Mitchell

John Mitchell

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Asking your blessing,
Rdr. Thomas

its all fun and games till google chrome crashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users