8 replies to this topic

#1 George Kalajdzic

George Kalajdzic

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Firstly god bless you all.

I am very grateful that the lord has directed me to this website. From what I have saw already, lord has blessed many users with a wealth of understanding and wisdom.

Now to my question, previously (in my youth) I was highly interested with Aliens and the UFO phenomena, and there is a good reason for it, from memory the statistics are that every year 800,000 people world wide claim abduction, this figure is increasing rapidly apparently.

I read many books from secular (even new age) authors on the subject of alien abductions, which go into very horrific detail of peoples experiences.

In a number of books I read it sheds light that these aliens actually oppose religion or are threatened by it - which confirms that they must be demonic in nature (if not why would beings from another galaxy know or care about the pity beliefs of our primitive race), one example is that a Muslim women was 'threatened' that she would be killed if she didn't stop praying to Allah while on board a ship, in another example a Australian Christian women was kicked away as she tried to grab her bible during abduction, and was told that 'you cannot bring that to where your going' by hooded reptilian aliens.

I personally knew a young girl who opened up to me one day, she told me her experience and 'dreams' she has and wakes up with bruises - all identical with the abduction accounts I read in those books, she seemed genuine as she had no idea of alien abduction at all. My advise was prayer and to see a priest asap.

My questions are following;

1) Many books and sources claim that alien abductions seem to be genetically inherent i.e. one of your parents must be abducted for you to get abducted, aliens are apparently doing something with our DNA.
In the deep wealth that is our church, is there any historic reference or evidence that demon possessions are genetically inherent i.e. if your parent or grandparent was a demon worshiper, would you be connected to them although you don't worship yourself?

2) Is it possible for one to attract these demons by just 'thinking' about it?
The reason for this is that every year more and more movies and materials are being released 'promoting' the idea of alien beings and abductions or that 'we came from them' concepts, I personally stopped absorbing all horror materials, as I know myself that when I was younger and after reading many of those books or watching movies like 'the fourth kind', this is the case with all scary material - I find that I cannot block out those mental images that are implanted in ones mind, only with heavy prayer am I able to wash those graphic images and ideas out. Is it possible that through this fear of 'aliens' we are in fact drawing them closer?

3) In 2011 a UFO has appeared a few feet above the Dome of Rocks (ruins of the temple) in Jerusalem [youtube links below] - how does the church interpret this event?
After all it can be argued that the Dome of Rocks sits on one of the most holiest pieces of land on earth.
Link are:

I now understand that this some dangerous stuff, I would like to only understand those few things and not dwell any further, its just that with media, pop-culture and the internet its impossible not to come across the subject of 'aliens'. I know as a confused little 15 year old I got attracted to this stuff! If lord wills and if I ever have children, I am pretty sure they will also, as these concepts are everywhere. Knowing this, I would like to be prepared and able to educate the younger generation away from this subject - as it leads to new age, or worst, demonology.

May the lord bless you all, bring you peace, and may he protect all of you from all evil, visible and invisible.

God bless

George K

#2 Jeremy Troy

Jeremy Troy

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

Hello George,

Fr. Seraphim Rose, in his book Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, claims that at least many 'alien encounters' are demonic in nature. Particularly interesting is his comparison of these experiences with records of demonic experiences in the lives of the saints.

Here are a few points on what you've written:

a Muslim women was 'threatened' that she would be killed if she didn't stop praying to Allah while on board a ship

This seems confusing. If it's true that alien encounters are demonic, and also true that the "gods" of false religions are demons, then wouldn't aliens be very interested in getting Muslims to become as pious as possible?

one of your parents must be abducted for you to get abducted

If this were true, then nobody would ever be abducted. In order for their parents to have been abducted, their grandparents would also have to have been abducted, and so on. Do you just mean that those whose parents were abducted have a greater chance of being abducted themselves?

2) Is it possible for one to attract these demons by just 'thinking' about it?

Preoccupation with demons is a very bad thing. Just thinking about demons is nothing-- we aren't attracting demons by having this conversation any more than we would by having any other conversation about religious matters. What is very bad is curiosity. One of the most effective ways to combat the demons is to ignore them.

3) In 2011 a UFO has appeared a few feet above the Dome of Rocks (ruins of the temple) in Jerusalem [youtube links below] - how does the church interpret this event?

If this is a genuine 'alien encounter', and if aliens are demons, and if the best way to combat demons is to ignore them, then we should ignore this rather than try to 'interpret' it.

In XC,
Jeremy

#3 Bryan J. Maloney

Bryan J. Maloney

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Genetic heritability of alien abduction is explainable: Abduction beliefs are a modern manifestation of a far older neurological or mental disorder. In order to make sense of the senseless, our minds create images. Since the 1950s/1960s, "alien abduction" has been a concept in our culture, and that is what our minds latch on in order to "explain" neurological dysfunction to ourselves. Many neurological and mental disorders have a strong heritable component.

#4 Stephen Hayes

Stephen Hayes

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

I knew a priest of an Old Calendrist sect who became obsessed with UFOs (which he called "you foes") and alien abductions. He was active in lobbying for government action, though I'm not sure what he expected governments to do. I thought the obsession was illogical, and pointed out that if he thought that UFOs were alien spacecraft, they were no longer UFOs but IFOs. He did not understand what I was saying. I thought that the most demonic thing about it was the mental fixation that it produced.

#5 George Kalajdzic

George Kalajdzic

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Brian,

I dont believe we should be skeptical and call this a mental disorder, 800k people a year experiencing these events cant be crazy - not to mention that all abductees from different cultures and part of the world say that they experience the same scenarios.

By the way brother, just imagine how many skeptics and atheists think of us as being deluded for believing that god became man 2k years ago? - yet we know better, we would have a harder chance of convincing a skeptic that our Lord Jesus Christ existed then a New Ager would that aliens exist.

But the way brother, there are greater philosophical implications of saying that abductees have a disorder, because the universe which our lord created is just too large and glorious, life on other worlds if anything is a Astrophysics problem rather then Psychological one.

Peace brother and may the lord bless you.

George K

#6 George Kalajdzic

George Kalajdzic

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Thank you Father Stephen for your input,

However can a mental fixation on a certain entity attract it to you? Such as a fear of something as per my original question? also, if I may ask what were your thought on those Dome of Rock videos?

I think I know where that priest you know of got caught up in, there is a conspiracy theory and a movement going around that all major world governments are keeping Alien presence and technology a secret from the world masses, such technology is so advanced it would be able to solve all the world problems (hunger, energy etc), there are a lot of high ranking people who are lobbying for the governments 'open up' about the topic (Google Disclosure Project), which is probably what that priest got into. Even the Mexican government a few years ago official asked the US government to open up all secrets on UFOs, and the UK government opened up with all the previously secret files on UFOs.

I would say that its more demonic then just a mental fixation, an example is that ancient Aztecs have stone drawings of their 'gods' sitting on what appear to be mechanical rockets, in Australia the ancient Aboriginals have a traditional custom of preforming a 'spiritual dance' around the area where they will set up camp, to please the spirits, so that 'evil spirits' dont come down from the sky during night time and take away their children.

When I was younger and was reading a lot of new age stuff, quite a lot of their belief is based that all world ancient spiritual figures such as Mohammed, Buddha etc and even our lord Jesus (may glory be to him forever) where nothing more then aliens who came down to help men grow 'spiritually', but the evils of religion especially Christianity have twisted the original teachings etc (same story as always). They refer to pillars of fire that lead Moses in OT and the star which the wise men followed in NT as 'evidence' of UFOs and aliens helping men in the bible - mind you all this information was 'channeled' to these New Age authors from aliens etc, who are convinced that these aliens are going to return real soon to set things straight.

As I said in above comments, I wouldn't be surprised if aliens land soon (very real possibility) and try to 'clarify' Christianity to the world, it would be the greatest deception the world has ever seen. I mean Vatican and UN already have a spokes persons appointed just in case UFOs land - so its a real issue.

Please note I am not trying to 'predict' the coming of the anti-christ or anything like that nor do a fear him, I am just trying to link what I learnt about the alien phenomenal within the context of the church to stay spiritually stronger in a constantly falling world.

If you know your movies, you would notice that every year more and more movies promote the 'alien exist' idea and how 'we came from aliens' (newest one is Prometheus), this promotion eventually opens up young people to the idea that aliens exist, once they believe this they are easily deceived to think of our church as something 'old fashioned', thus leaving it or worse advocating against it.

I believe ultimately what ever happened it will once again lead to suppression of the one true faith.

May the lord help you and bless you.

Peace

George K

#7 Bryan J. Maloney

Bryan J. Maloney

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I knew a priest of an Old Calendrist sect who became obsessed with UFOs (which he called "you foes") and alien abductions. He was active in lobbying for government action, though I'm not sure what he expected governments to do. I thought the obsession was illogical, and pointed out that if he thought that UFOs were alien spacecraft, they were no longer UFOs but IFOs. He did not understand what I was saying. I thought that the most demonic thing about it was the mental fixation that it produced.

I sometimes think that this is the most demonic thing about so very many "demonic" or "evil" influences in the world.

#8 George Kalajdzic

George Kalajdzic

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Jeremy,
Much appreciate your insight.

Regarding the muslim women, I dont think the issue is that simple, yes Islam was initiated via a demon in a cave, I mean Muhammad at first was convinced that he was dealing with a Jinn (as the entity was harassing him at first) rather then an angel until his wife didnt convince him that i was angel gabriel. So the question here really is would demons be afraid of Muslims (born into the religion) praying to the most high god for help? I would say yes, how else would muslim be able to exercise would probably be the secondary questions, after all our lord loves all even his enemies.

Regarding the abduction process, I would disagree because of the fact that much of the ancient world was pagan who sacrificed to demons, whether we like it or not, most of us have pagan ancestry. Besides the question was more directed at demonology rather then the logic's of abductions, i.e. if someones grandparent was a demon worshiper, would you be at a higher risk of being possessed although you have no knowledge of such practice done by your grandparent, but the only thing which connects you to demonology if your ancestral line etc?

Regarding ignoring demons and aliens I agree, however the whole 'alien' idea is becoming increasing popular and the whole concept in itself plants a seed for destruction of our faith. Especially a theory that I seen many times be promoted over TV which promotes the belief that 'aliens made us', and that all worldly religions are a direct result of alien communication with us throughout history, its just that primitive people saw them as 'gods'.

Whether we like it or not we cannot ignore the issue, it is becoming more and more widespread through media and pop culture (just look at Katie Perry videos) and I know much of youth who have fell from religion for this particular reason, and I believe we need to be able to demonstrate to why the whole concept is demonic in nature, which is why i am seeking these answers.

Peace and god Bless

George K

#9 Michael Stickles

Michael Stickles

• Moderators
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

It seems like time for a friendly reminder that this forum is "principally for discussion and discourse on the thought and heritage of Orthodoxy through its patristic and monastic traditions." If the discussion continues, let's try to find a way to bring it around to that focus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users