23 replies to this topic

#21 Fady

Fady

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Daniel,

There are no objections on what the Synod decided regarding Origen - but what I was saying is to have modern revision of what he wrote and taught - there are things that might change if we have closley examined Origen.

Edited by Father David Moser, 14 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.
remove formatting

#22 Michael 'Anthony' Cornett

Michael 'Anthony' Cornett

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

As Athanasius said, that which is not assumed cannot be saved. Jesus assumed all of humanity so that he could redeem it. He could not have done this if he wasn't born into the same condition as the rest of us.

Forgive me, but where does St Athanasius say this? I was under the impression that this was a quote from St Gregory Nazianzus (http://www.monachos....ristictexts/158)

#23 Rdr Daniel (R.)

Rdr Daniel (R.)

Very Frequent Poster

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Dear Fady,

I thought from what you wrote, that you where saying that Origen should be regarded as one of the Holy Fathers of the Church, my post was only arguing against that.

In Christ.
Daniel,

#24 Rdr Thomas

Rdr Thomas

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Just revisited this thread after some time.

Anthony: You are correct that it was Gregory of Nazianus who said this. Seems I might have been better off to stay out of this thread altogether! My apologies. It's what I get for, as my mom used to put it, "putting my mouth in gear and leaving my brain in neutral".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users