#1 Rick H.

Rick H.

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would like to say thanks very much for starting the Special Consideration Topics area of the forum. This is fantastic and I think has improved things very much and accomplished its goals very well. Having these threads be 100% moderated excludes the kind of posts and things that are not desirable on an internet discussion forum.

Also, I would like to make a suggestion. At times, when I go back and reread the thread I see posts that I didn't know were there. I think I am seeing why this is now. Sometimes a moderator will make a post of his own and it goes through but others waiting in moderation are not sent through. This interrupts the flow of things, and when they are sent through (sometimes 24 hrs later), unless one has a reason to reread the thread they are not seen. They are 'buried' and I think this causes confusion and a talking past each other.

The end result is a disjointed conversation and it makes it very hard or impossible for a conversation to flow where people are reading and responding to each other.

I love this new area of the forum, but I think what I am describing here is a significant problem to consider.

Possible Solution: I think a simple solution for this issue would be to have all the moderators be on the same page, in that when a moderator makes a post of his own in a thread in this area, along with approving his post as soon as he makes it, he checks for others waiting for moderation. This way the natural flow of conversation will not be interrupted and it will not be possible for a post to be 'buried.' I think this would be a help and reduce the amount of talking past each other that goes on at times.

#2 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think a simple solution for this issue would be to have all the moderators be on the same page, in that when a moderator makes a post of his own in a thread in this area, along with approving his post as soon as he makes it, he checks for others waiting for moderation.

This is exactly what happens for all threads where there are posts waiting to be moderated. However, there may be a delay in the approval of some posts for various reasons, including the need to for the moderators to confer with each other as to whether a particular post should be approved or deleted.

#3 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

This is exactly what happens for all threads where there are posts waiting to be moderated. However, there may be a delay in the approval of some posts for various reasons, including the need to for the moderators to confer with each other as to whether a particular post should be approved or deleted.

Yes- that's exactly how I operate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users