H. Smith

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Dear Monachos Administrators,

Can you please tell me if there is a set of rules for the forum I can read?

Also, Churches for Middle East Peace, which is headed in part by the Greek and Antiochian Orthodox Churches, put out a petition yesterday about the Church of the Nativity. Am I allowed to post this on the forum?

Thank you.

#2 Father David Moser

Father David Moser

• Moderators
  • 3,581 posts
  • Verified Cleric

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

There is indeed a set of rules referred to as the "Terms of Use".  There used to be a link on the main forum page, but that has yet to be restored in the remodel.  The link is currently found at the bottom of the reply panel where it says "Posting to the Discussion Community constitutes your explicit acceptance of all our Terms of Use, including our Privacy Policy. Read these documents before you continue, and if you do not explicitly agree with them, do not post!"

Petitions,no matter how worthy, are not posted here.  If there is an appropriate discussion topic, you could post a link to a site where it might be found.  I would suggest looking on the "News" section for something like this.

Fr David

#3 H. Smith

H. Smith

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thanks, Fr. David.

So while I might say something like "That's a good point you made on Orthodox topic X, here is a petition by a Church organization (link to petition webpage)", I could not say: "Hey guys, here's a new petition I found. It says: 'We the below-signed wish to bring to your attention... etc etc. Sign here ____"?

Edited by H. Smith, 13 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users