Photo
- - - - -

Canon for 3rd Sunday after Pentecost, the New Martyrs of the Turkish (or Islamic) Yoke

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clare G.

Clare G.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Can anyone help me find the Greek text of the Canon for the Third Sunday
after Pentecost, the Sunday of the New Martyrs of the Turkish (or
Islamic) Yoke? (July 14th this year)

#2 Niko T.

Niko T.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

The Greek text of the service is available here; it was written by St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain.

#3 Olga

Olga

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

The Greek text of the service is available here; it was written by St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain.

Caveat from the above website:

Την παρακάτω Ακολουθία, την παρουσιάζουμε κυρίως για μελέτη και όχι για λειτουργική χρήση αφού δεν γνωρίζουμε αν είναι εγκεκριμένη ή όχι. Όποιος αναγνώστης μπορεί να βοηθήσει σε αυτό, μην διστάσει να επικοινωνήσει μαζί μας....

The following service is presented here for primarily study purposes, and not for liturgical use, as we do not know if it has or has not been approved for such use. If any reader can help in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact us.

#4 Clare G.

Clare G.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Very many thanks, Niko T. and Olga. I've noted the caveat.

The SJKP Pentecostarion (2010 edition) does have this service so it is presumably permitted in some places as I see no caveat there. The version there is however twice as long and somewhat  'padded out' with 8 rather than 4 troparia in each Ode, yet the Katavasiae are omitted. So the original Greek will be far more manageable. I'm delighted that you have pointed me to that website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users