• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gunnarr

Gunnarr

Junior Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hello, I am trying to look for a proper translation of the works of St. Gregory Palamas Triads

This is the book I previously read:

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0809124475

but I was not very satisfied with it, as pointed out with my review on the website:

"I have only one complaint with this translation: some parts were taken out. Here, an excerpt from the Foreword:

'I have taken the liberty of occasionally eliminating passages that are of purely rhetorical and polemical nature, and such ommissions are indicated in our text by ellepsis point.'

This saddened me while I read this, as many times when it was indicated there was an ommission at interesting points, of which would have been nice to know all of what he wished to say, regardless of what others think of how important it is. So, besides the somewhat frequent ommissions, it is a good book and I would recommend it to all who are interested in Christian Theology, specifically of the Orthodox."

I am looking for a COMPLETE translation, WITHOUT the omissions. Does anyone know of any? thank you for your time

#2 Georgije Z.

Georgije Z.

Junior Poster

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

I am also in doubt.

Furthermore, I am sometimes scared about thought that someone implanted false statements in their "translations" of the Fathers or else found on the market.

I just hope it is not true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users