#1 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:22 AM

I haven't been receiving posts for a while and assumed everyone was busy until I actually came to the site and found there have been msgs posted regularly.

I also found that I can't get into the msg boards by the usual route - through the start page - but only through an old saved search page I have here.

Irene
ps have checked my profile it hasn't changed still has emails ticked

#2 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:46 PM

Dear Irene,

I have just sent out an e-mail message to all members of the Discussion Community regarding the recent system problems and interruptions. Hopefully you will by now have received this, with its fuller explanation of the situation.

We hope all has now been sorted, and the system is again fully on-line.

INXC, Matthew

#3 Guest_Douglas Barber

Guest_Douglas Barber
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

Glad to see these boards back in service. Thank you, Matthew, for the work you put into providing and maintaining them.

#4 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:36 AM

Thankyou Mathew, I did receive the message you sent to everyone the other day. However I am still not receiving any Monachos posts not since your msg no. 544 Posted on Monday, 09 August, 2004 - 5:38 pm. If you get a chance could you pls look into my profile and see if there is something wrong that I have missed - I have checked everything I can think of including making sure I haven't accidently marked Monachos as a blocked sender - and I haven't.

Thanks very much
Irene
ps I haven't been receiving the newsletters either for ages.

#5 Warren Bensinger

Warren Bensinger

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 26 August 2004 - 11:38 AM

Matthew:
Ditto to Irene's message.
Also, ditto to her P.S.
Thanks for all your work.
warren
t.s.

#6 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:28 AM

Dear all,

Thank you for the notes regarding e-mail posts still not functioning properly. I will return to the UK on Sunday evening, and will look into the matter further then.

INXC,
Matthew

#7 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:43 AM

Dear friends,

I have re-initiated the Monachos.net Discussion Community's e-mail sending functionality, using a new protocol which I hope will resolve the recent problems. If things are now as I hope, e-mail delivery of posts should again be operational, and from this point forward you should receive posts by e-mail if so configured in your personal profile.

If in doubt as to whether you have e-mail notification turned on in your profile, view your profile at:

http://www.monachos....ard-profile.cgi

and make any changes necessary (e.g. turn on e-mail notification for any/all topics by ticking the boxes next to them and clicking the 'save changes' button).

If problems persists with e-mail functionality, please post a message here with details. Once again, I am not back in the UK until Sunday evening, so will not be able further to respond to issues until then.

INXC,
Matthew

#8 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:32 PM

Dear Mathew, I have received, by email your post number 552 (but not the one you sent a little earlier same day 551) So you may have fixed the problem.

Thanks
Irene

#9 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:12 PM

Dear Irene,

Thank you for the follow-up. It seems, as near as I can ascertain from here, that all is now in working order.

Back to the conversations!

INXC, Matthew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users