new members

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
341 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nektarios

Guest_Nektarios
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:14 AM

Hello every body,

Ive returned from USMC Boot Camp, I just graduated yesterday. I was the friend of the Blessed Father Averky before his repose in the Lord. I'm sure some of you remember me. Like Mellissa. Well Im back and I thought I would say hello. NIce to be here again.

PFC. Harrison, USMC

#2 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:40 AM

Hello Nektarios, Welcome back, of course we remember you. You have been in our prayers... Irene

#3 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

Nektarios, it is lovely to see you here again after some time away. I look forward to seeing your name in the 'Check New Messages' screen in future.

INXC, Matthew

#4 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:00 PM

Semper Fi, Marine! U-rah! Looking forward to your contributions.

Herman

#5 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:00 PM

God bless you Nektarios. Wonderful to see you here again. May you be continually protected & blessed.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#6 Matthew Panchisin

Matthew Panchisin

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:03 PM

Dear Nektarios,

I wanted you to know I saw Father Averky just before his repose in the Lord, he spoke very fondly of everyone on Monachos and with much love particularly for you.

Anyway, many of us are quite fond of you and have been praying for you. It's great that you are back, no laptops in boot camp? How was the food? Posted Image

In Christ,

Matthew Panchisin

#7 James H.

James H.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:01 PM

Welcome back Nektarios! (We've actually never really communicated, but I recognize your name and remember when you left for training some time ago). By the way, where's Melissa these days?

James

#8 Guest_Nektarios

Guest_Nektarios
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:01 AM

LoL Matthew, no laptops in bootcamp, I was luck enough to get 2 15min phone calls, my Sernior DI was nice enough.

The food sucked. Thank you for the prayers they must have worked because I was made a US Marine on Thursday. So thank you again, and I cant wait to hear all the good converstations going on here.

God bless
In Christ
Nektarios

#9 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:45 PM

Dear Nektarios,

For quite awhile now I have wondered what LOL (which you have written in your post) meant in "online talk". I finally went to the Google Dictionary and followed the link of acronyms. Here is what I found:

Acronym Definition @Amazon.com
1.LOL Laugh Out Loud
LOL Laughing Out Loud
3.LOL Lack of Love (game)
4.LOL Ladies of Lallybroch
5.LOL Land O' Lakes
LOL Land of Legends (Canandaigua Speedway, New York)
LOL Land of Lincoln
LOL Language of Literature
LOL Language of Love
10.LOL Last or Least
LOL Laughing On Line
12.LOL Lautes Online Lachen (German: Loud Online Laughter)
13.LOL Lawyers on Line
LoL League of Lightness (gaming clan)
15.LOL League of Losers (wild 17 chess team)
LOL Learn Online
LOL Legend of Legaia (video game)
LOL Legend of Lothian (computer game)
19.LOL Less Of Lip

I am thinking that how you used it in your post was the first meaning(?)

4 would be for Scottish women users; 5 those from Minnesota; 10 used by monastics 12 has a certain dignity to it worthy of the Germanic race. 13. NEVER TRUST THIS ONE 15.my favourite team 19. one of the most common things which people ask me to stop.
Once again- welcome back. Although maybe after reading this you'll pack your bags & run for the bus again.Posted Image

In Christ- Fr Raphael

#10 Guest_Darius Aram

Guest_Darius Aram
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:22 PM

Hello all...im somewhat new on these posts and received today a copy of Father Raphael's post...im sorry for responding in this thread...but i figured you all seem so friendly that i thought id stick my neck out...anyways...sorry for my ackwardnessPosted Image

hope to get to know you all...
Welcome back Nektarios...i dont know you but i've read a bit about boot camp...so i congradulate you!

Thank you,

Darius Aram
ICXC_NIKA@adelphia.net

#11 James H.

James H.

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:20 PM

... Has anyone seen Melissa lately?

Just curious,

James

#12 M A Jackson-Roberts

M A Jackson-Roberts

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

Apropos Father Raphael's helpful and amusing list of web acronyms, sheer mischief makes me want to add "lots of leisure" because of the amount of time some of you guys seem to have for posting!!

seeker

#13 Guest_Photini

Guest_Photini
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

Welcome back Nektarios. Nice to see you back. Posted Image

#14 Guest_Nektarios

Guest_Nektarios
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:13 AM

Well now that Im back, I was supposed to be only back for 10 days, but i woke up the other morning with a pain in my stomach so I had my dad take me to the Dr. The Dr. Sent me to the ER and the ER said my apendix had to come out, so wendensday I had my apendix taken out and Ill be home for at least 6 weeks. Yay. =0(

I was only supposed to be home for 10 days boot camp leave, but now ill be home for alot longer since my school is very very physical nothing but physical activity, and I can barley walk around my house. So pray for my recovery.

In Christ
Nektarios

#15 Guest_Charalambos Andrew Geo

Guest_Charalambos Andrew Geo
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

May God Grant you a blessed recovery and a joyful time to use this in His honer, I fouid this inspiring from St John of Kronstadt, the lord granteth and the Lord taketh away, Glory be to the Lord so while you are recovering Thank God, in all things thank the Lord. i cant remember the exact wording,
Anyway
in Christ
Charalambos

#16 Guest_Nektarios

Guest_Nektarios
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:44 AM

Hello every body how you guys doing, just thought I would say hi. I havnt been on this board in a long time ever since I graduated boot camp. Hope every thing is going good with you guys.

In Christ
Nektarios

#17 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

Dear Nektarios,
You name is remembered at every Liturgy.
May His angelic hosts continue to protect & watch over you.
In Christ- Fr Raphael

#18 Guest_Scott Hays

Guest_Scott Hays
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:07 PM

Hello,

My name is Scott Hays. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to join.

I was chrismated Holy Saturday 2003 at the Orthodox Chapel at Lackland AFB here in San Antonio, TX. I received the name, Nicholas. The last few months I've been attending St Anthony the Great Orthodox Church. Fr Dimitri Cozby is the priest.

I am married and have an 11 year old son. They attend a non-denominational church.

I am in the Air Force and currently live in San Antonio, but will move to Colorado Springs in April. I plan on attending Ss Constantine and Helen Orthodox Church there.

I have been blessed reading the posts in this forum and look forward to getting to know all the posters better.

In Christ,

Scott (Nicholas)

#19 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:33 AM

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Welcome Nicholas. My son used to live in Colorado Springs. Ss Constantine and Helen is a nice church.

Herman

#20 Fr Averky

Fr Averky

Former frequent poster (deceased)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

Dear Nicholas,

God bless you, and welcome to Monachos. I will tell you, all people whom I have met who have been blessed to have been given the name Nicholas have very full lives in the Church, and receive many blessings from their heavenly patron. I know, for before monasticism, my name was Nicholas, and even now, he is so very special to me.

This is a very good forum, and we look forward to what you will bring to Monachos.

In Christ,

Fr. A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users