#1 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:08 AM

Well this isn't important I just thought perhaps someone could help me ............ In the Past, everytime I visited Monachos I had a mini Icon of the Theotokos in the address bar and that same Icon was on my short cut/links bar and now they are gone - I only have the ordinary explorer symbol. Does anyone know if it is some sort of setting in the options on my computer that has been changed by accident (or by the children)?

It wasn't just Monachos I had them for - also Orthodoxinfo.com had a small Jesus icon and other sites had various symbols that were easy to recognise quickly which short cut was which.

Thanks
Irene

#2 Guest_Juvenaly Martinka

Guest_Juvenaly Martinka
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:59 AM

What is best to try is to delete the shortcut in your Favorites and then add it in again and see if that fixes the issue.

#3 Irene

Irene

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Guest from Another Religious Tradition

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the info Juvenaly

IrenePosted Image

#4 Warren Bensinger

Warren Bensinger

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Orthodox Christian Member

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:53 PM

Just checking...Is there something wrong with the home page? I get empty blocks where the logo and etching should be. Also the date is Feb 18th and Mar 3rd. I think it should be something different. Thanks for everything.

#5 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Verified Monastic Cleric

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

Yes I also see the same problem on the home page.
In Christ- Fr Raphael

#6 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:48 AM

Dear Warren, Fr Raphael and others,

Thank you for calling this to my attention. The graphical problem should now be resolved, and the calendar issue should be shortly.

INXC, Matthew

#7 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

Matthew S. wrote:

Thank you for calling this to my attention...and the calendar issue should be [resolved] shortly.

Finally! I was so glad to hear that the Calendar issue will be resolved shortly!
Posted Image
In Christ- Fr Raphael
PS: Which calendar?

#8 Warren Bensinger

Warren Bensinger

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:58 PM

Matthew:
Thanks for all your work. The graphics are lookin good!
w.
t.s.

#9 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Fr Raphael wrote:

Finally! I was so glad to hear that the Calendar issue will be resolved shortly! [...] PS: Which calendar?

Ah, would that it were to easy to settle the larger calendar issue. Posted Image That to which I referred was the much smaller and easier-to-nip problem of the improper month being displayed on the Monachos.net main page.

INXC, Matthew

#10 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

Is it possible to link to particular posts on Monachos?

#11 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:43 PM

Dear Anthony: yes, it is possible to link directly to a specific post. Right click on the folder-containing-a-loop icon at the upper right-hand corner of every post. From your browser's context menu that will then appear, select 'Copy Link Location' (or whichever command is closest to this, depending on your browser). This will copy a URL into your clipboard memory, which you can then paste into an e-mail, etc., for a direct link to the post.

INXC, Matthew

#12 Anthony

Anthony

Very Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:30 PM

That's great, many thanks. You seem to have thought of everything! Posted Image

#13 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

re: Moderation of posts.

Dear all,

Since some have expressed questions over post moderation, let me just remind members that the Discussion Community alternates between moderated status and un-moderated from time to time, as part of the means employed to keep its focus intact (especially during times when there are known 'epidemics' of spamming / flaming elsewhere on the internet, it is a strong preventative measure). If you notice that your message, after having been reviewed and posted, has gone into the moderation queue rather than been posted immediately, please note this is a system-wide setting and nothing to do with your personal account, posts, etc.

INXC, Matthew

#14 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:52 PM

A message for Katya ('Nurse-aid'):

Dear Katya, please could you contact me by e-mail, including a return e-mail address on which I can e-mail you back, as soon as possible. Please do not use the forum for this, but contact me directly by e-mail using the following form:

http://www.monachos....webmaster.shtml

(To others, apologies for this being sent out to all; but I do not have Katya's e-mail address, which is part of the occasion for my needing to contact her.)

My many thanks,
INXC, Matthew

#15 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:03 PM

A message for Katya ('Nurse-aid'):

Dear Katya, as per my previous message in this thread, there is a technical issue with your posts that prevents them from being completed/posted. I need to speak with you by e-mail in order to resolve this. Please contact me via e-mail through the following form, ensuring you provide an e-mail address on which I can contact you in response:

http://www.monachos....webmaster.shtml

* Please note that this is a pressing technical issue: none of your messages can be posted to the system until it is resolved - so please do contact me as soon as possible.

(To others, apologies for this being sent out to all; but I do not have Katya's e-mail address, which is part of the occasion for my needing to contact her.)

My many thanks,
INXC, Matthew

#16 Alec Lowly

Alec Lowly

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

Why can't we create proper paragraph indentations when we post to the boards?
Alec Lowly

#17 Marie+Duquette

Marie+Duquette

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

The "Word from the Fathers" is much appreciated. At times I wonder from which source or book it was taken from, for furthur reading of the content which came before the quote, as well as what comes after it. At least from my personal perspective, I think that it would be a good idea to indicate after each WORD the reference from which it was taken.

Hope this is possible! Respectifullly and thankfully,
marie_duquette

#18 M.C. Steenberg

M.C. Steenberg

Former Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:29 AM

Poll on post-by-email usage.

Dear Discussion Community members. I wonder if regular and new members could comment here in this thread as to your usage of the receive-posts-by-email and reply-to-posts-by-email features of the Discussion Community. Do you receive posts by e-mail? Do you ever reply by e-mail? Do you consider either/both of these features essential?

The reason for the query relates to a possible system upgrade to a different forum system, which includes a number of great enhancements to much forum functionality, but which does not include these e-mail features.

I would be very curious to know what members think of this idea.

INXC, Matthew

#19 Herman Blaydoe

Herman Blaydoe

• Moderators
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

I like receiving posts on topics of special interest by email, but I never post by email. I prefer to post at the site, it provides more options for posting and I don't have to worry so much about formatting problems that so many email programs cause.

#20 Fr Raphael Vereshack

Fr Raphael Vereshack

• Moderators
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

I receive all of the posts by email. But I have discovered that sending posts via email formats the text in a strange way with all sorts of strange symbols in the text. Also when you go to the monachos site itself to make a post you see the post you are replying in a more full context (ie other posts in the thread) which I think makes a difference since often we're having not only a two-way conversation.

So by now it's become an automatic habit- read the posts from my email. Post on the monachos site.

In Christ- Fr Raphael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users